1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Car Dock + Direct Sun = ?

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Accessories' started by HonKudasai, Oct 6, 2011.

1. HonKudasai

HonKudasai New Member

Anyone else concerned about this? My phone's gotten pretty toasty after driving, on a sunny day with and without running Navigation (which doesn't seem to make much of a temp. difference). Would long-term sunlight exposure be enough to set off the Bionic's "Cool Down" mode, or be able to damage the phone? I hope I'm just being overly paranoid, but I've actually been tempted to construct some kind of shade that attaches to the car dock, to cut down on the exposure.
  2. jessecmo

jessecmo New Member

I had the same problem with my Droid X. I had to relocate my car dock in the summer cause I got tired of keeping the a/c on defrost. Bionic does the same thing...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. Kryptyk

Kryptyk New Member

I never put my docking station up there. Sun is bad.....
  4. FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo Member

I am using a cup holder mounted Braketron on my Bionic. Keeps it generally in the shade. The window mounted car dock sun was horrible on my OG Droid.
  5. coop8070

coop8070 New Member

I have my phone mounted under the windshield of my ninja, and one day I was jumpstarting someone elses bike with mine and left my bike running for 20 minutes, when I went to use my phone for gps it said it was in cool down mode. basicly my bikes cooling fan was pushing the hot engine air strait at my phone. good news is the phone still works :)
Search tags for this page

car holder sunlight

htc rezound sun shade

sun damaged htc

sun shade for droid razr