Car charger via USB

fluidj

Reaction score
Is there a specific USB card charger required to charge this phone using the cable that was included in the box? I have two USB car chargers that accept any USB cord, but neither one of them seem to work on the Fascinate. I plug it in and the phone goes into USB mode instead of charging. It seems that there is a very slow charge happening, but nothing fast enough to keep up with the battery drain when using GPS.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
There isnt a "specific" one that you need, but you do need a certain power output. Check your wall charger, look at the "Output" you will be looking for a rating in A (amps) or more likely mA (milliamps) it will probably be 500-1000mA. You need a car usb port that supplies that number at a minimum. If it goes over that number its okay. Your phone draws mA, so it will not draw more than it needs. Volatge is another story, put too much voltage to it and it'll fry. Voltage will be listed on your charger as well, its probably 5-5.5v

OP
F

fluidj

Reaction score
There isnt a "specific" one that you need, but you do need a certain power output. Check your wall charger, look at the "Output" you will be looking for a rating in A (amps) or more likely mA (milliamps) it will probably be 500-1000mA. You need a car usb port that supplies that number at a minimum. If it goes over that number its okay. Your phone draws mA, so it will not draw more than it needs. Volatge is another story, put too much voltage to it and it'll fry. Voltage will be listed on your charger as well, its probably 5-5.5v

Thanks! Any recommendations then? I tried reading the lable on the included wall charger but honestly my eyesight is just too poor to make it out. Could they have printed/stamped it any less legible???? It's minuscule AND black on black...smh..

Volones

Reaction score
My charger has a rated output of +5V 700mA
I've used my wife's DroidX charger at +5V 800mA and it worked fine.

I recently ordered a usb car charger with an output of +5v 1000mA, and don't anticipate any problems with overcharging.

Good luck