Can't update phone software

wolfe69

Reaction score
I unrooted my phone and went back to stock using Matty P's utility. Now I find out there are newer system versions out there. I go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates and it tells me my phone is up to date. Here are my phones stats:

System Version: 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android Version: 4.0.4
Baseband Version: CDMA_N_05.11.01PLTEDC_U_09.11.00
Webtop Version: wt-3.0.0
Kernel Version: 3.0.8-g29cf5e7
hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid54 #1
SMP PREEMPT Thu Jun 14 15:22:48 CDT 2012

Build number: 6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31
Build date: Thu Jun 14 14:57:16 CDT 2012

How do I get back into Verizon's loop so I can get the JB update? :p

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The JB update was an accident. You'll have to download it from somewhere and install it manually.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
wolfe69

wolfe69

Reaction score
The JB update was an accident. You'll have to download it from somewhere and install it manually.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

With all due respect I am aware that the JB update was an accident. My problem is, based on the research I have done I am not in the Verizon loop so when the update is pushed I won't get it and I want to be in Verizon's loop. How do I get back in Verizon's loop?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Not sure what you are talking about "not being in Verizon's loop" but as long as you are back to stock you should receive notification about the oficial update when verizon or motorola push it out. It is not expected to be official til sometime early next year (Jan- march).

If you can't wait, you can follow FoxKats instructions about how to manually update using the leaked ROM.

David

OP
wolfe69

wolfe69

Reaction score
I am not in any big hurry. I know there was an accidental release of the update and I didn't receive it so I got to researching to see why. In my research I found that there are newer system versions out there for the Razr XT912 and yet when I go to system update and check for updates it says my phone is up to date. That tells me that I have been taken out of the loop, just like you would be if you were rooted. Now I am trying to figure out how to get back into the loop and, if possible, test to see if I am back in the loop. I did use Matt P's utility to unroot and go back to 6.16.211 so as far as I know I am stock, just not current with the system version.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
It will continue to tell you that your phone is up to date until the official Jelly Bean update is released.

David

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I am not in any big hurry. I know there was an accidental release of the update and I didn't receive it so I got to researching to see why. In my research I found that there are newer system versions out there for the Razr XT912 and yet when I go to system update and check for updates it says my phone is up to date. That tells me that I have been taken out of the loop, just like you would be if you were rooted. Now I am trying to figure out how to get back into the loop and, if possible, test to see if I am back in the loop. I did use Matt P's utility to unroot and go back to 6.16.211 so as far as I know I am stock, just not current with the system version.
If your phone says you have system version 6.16.211 then you have the official stock system version. The next update/upgrade will be for .211, no other system version (.214 or .215, both of which are not official and will not update/upgrade when JB is official released). You can, if you want, use Matt's RazrUtility 1.82 to restore your phone (actually if you're on .211 you're not really restoring) to reinstall the official system version .211. This will erase all third party apps and leave your phone just like you got it when you opened the box.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Not sure what you are talking about "not being in Verizon's loop" but as long as you are back to stock you should receive notification about the oficial update when verizon or motorola push it out. It is not expected to be official til sometime early next year (Jan- march).

If you can't wait, you can follow FoxKats instructions about how to manually update using the leaked ROM.

David

If your phone says you have system version 6.16.211 then you have the official stock system version. The next update/upgrade will be for .211, no other system version (.214 or .215, both of which are not official and will not update/upgrade when JB is official released). You can, if you want, use Matt's RazrUtility 1.82 to restore your phone (actually if you're on .211 you're not really restoring) to reinstall the official system version .211. This will erase all third party apps and leave your phone just like you got it when you opened the box.

Both YellowJacket and jpcalhoun are correct. You are on the MOST UP TO DATE version of the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), OS for your phone model and Verizon carrier. If you did as you said, and used Matt L Groff's (not Matt P's) utility to go back to 6.16.211, you are ON the OTA path (i.e. "in the loop" as you put it).

As YellowJacket said, you should receive proper notification when and if an upgrade is pushed by Motorola. As jpcalhoun said, there were other versions of ICS (.75, .84, .85, .214 & .215 to name a few), and as he said, if you were on any of those versions, you would NOT be eligible for the OTA upgrade.