Can't send e-mail from Droid2

cjl8on

Reaction score
I've had my Droid2 for a few months and I have never been able to get my outgoing mail through my ISP provider (zoominternet.net) to work. I can receive mail, but I can't send. Incoming mail is pop3, outgoing is SMTP. I tried using gmail as the outgoing server and it worked, but the problem with that is that replies go to my gmail account and I don't typically use that. I want to be able to send from my ISPs SMTP server so replies come back to my zoominternet mail account. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
C

cjl8on

Reaction score
Oh, and the only error I see is that it says" message not sent" and leaves the message in my outbox.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You could forward it from your gmail account. I'm sure someone else can help it get set up right so that it works how you want but thats the only thing i know.

cjhund63

Reaction score
Change outgoing port to 3535 or 587

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
C

cjl8on

Reaction score
Neither of those ports work. Any other suggestion out there anywhere?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my @live.com mail account. I do not use that very much so, I never have figured out what is wrong. I have spent a few minuets here tinkering with it and all I get is Unable to Connect. I do not know what else to do.

lerit50

Reaction score
There is a bug that I have seen with a lot of droids and the stock email app. Try something like k9 mail or touchdown as an app on the market.

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g

Pyzon

Reaction score
Same issue here with RoadRunner, very hit or miss, mostly miss. On 3G only it seems to never send. The verizon salesman uninstalled my Roadrunner account and re-installed with the same settings and it worked for a day or so.

Roadrunner tech blames Motorola, Motorola blames RR.......

Too bad there seems to not be a permanent solution to this.

Only error message I get is "Authentication error sending" as a Verizon notification.

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I have Motorola Droid with K9 Mail which until this point I've loved. Now I can't send. Get a message that says unable to send mail. I've tried shutting off, pulling battery for 30 seconds but still won't work. Any ideas?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Uninstall K-9 and reinstall. I dont recall any recent updates to K-9, but do you recall a recent update by chance? If so you might need to revert to an older version till the dev fixes it.

Tony.Flatt

Reaction score
Solved -Sending Authentication Error Droid 2 Global

Same issue here with RoadRunner, very hit or miss, mostly miss. On 3G only it seems to never send. The verizon salesman uninstalled my Roadrunner account and re-installed with the same settings and it worked for a day or so.

Roadrunner tech blames Motorola, Motorola blames RR.......

Too bad there seems to not be a permanent solution to this.

Only error message I get is "Authentication error sending" as a Verizon notification.

My wife has been receiving the same error since I gave her the Droid 2 Global a few days ago. I changed the Outgoing server Advance settings for the "Use secure password(TLS) to "Never" and the "Authentication" setting to "None". Works now. I guess "Auto" doesn't really mean auto.dancedroid

Pyzon

Reaction score
I changed the Outgoing server Advance settings for the "Use secure password(TLS) to "Never" and the "Authentication" setting to "None". Works now. I guess "Auto" doesn't really mean auto.

Wow.......Finally something that is working !!!

Thanks for your suggestion. I have been fiddling around trying to get this issue resolved for months......Hope your solution is permanent !

Good news for sure.

OP
C

cjl8on

Reaction score
Yeah, K9 works for me with the exact same settings I had in Droid's native mail app. I'm not really happy about that. I feel like my Droid phone should be able to send e-mail without having to download an additional app. It makes me feel like Android is sub par and buggy. Considering switching to an Iphone. :icon_eek: (preparing for backlash)

Thanks for all the info.

queen2633

Reaction score
My wife has been receiving the same error since I gave her the Droid 2 Global a few days ago. I changed the Outgoing server Advance settings for the "Use secure password(TLS) to "Never" and the "Authentication" setting to "None". Works now. I guess "Auto" doesn't really mean auto.dancedroid

This worked perfectly!!!! Thank you!