Outgoing mail issues

Kor-sea

Reaction score
Ihave talked with Verizon, Comcast and my company ISP and i still cannot get my outgoing mail to send. I receive e-mails iwthout a problem at all. I don't get why both wont send. Any ideas? HELP!!!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, the first thing I would do is to switch to K-9 Email app: Downloads - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code. The stock email apps aren't very good. But I don't think that is the root of your problem.

In most all cases the problem is with the port you are selecting and the security settings. A lot of isp's block port 25 and that is the default port on most of the email apps. So redo your settings in the manual mode and put in try port 465 or 587 and play around with different security settings. On Cox Cable we found, through trial and error because cable companies will quite often tell you that they don't provide support for cell phone usage, was that if we selected TLS (when available) the emails would go out. Also do a google search for "smtp port Comcast" and you'll get some other possibilities perhaps.

Jaycea22

Reaction score
Ihave talked with Verizon, Comcast and my company ISP and i still cannot get my outgoing mail to send. I receive e-mails iwthout a problem at all. I don't get why both wont send. Any ideas? HELP!!!

Are you having problems with Gmail stuck in sending status? I was having that problem. Went to settings - manage applications - all tab - cleared the data and cache on Gmail. Works great again

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pool_shark

Reaction score
Well, the first thing I would do is to switch to K-9 Email app: Downloads - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code. The stock email apps aren't very good. But I don't think that is the root of your problem.

In most all cases the problem is with the port you are selecting and the security settings. A lot of isp's block port 25 and that is the default port on most of the email apps. So redo your settings in the manual mode and put in try port 465 or 587 and play around with different security settings. On Cox Cable we found, through trial and error because cable companies will quite often tell you that they don't provide support for cell phone usage, was that if we selected TLS (when available) the emails would go out. Also do a google search for "smtp port Comcast" and you'll get some other possibilities perhaps.

I see everyone saying how great K9 is, I don't get it, at least not for pop3.
I can't create folders in K9 and it doesn't allow me to move emails between the folders that it does have.

Maildroid doesn't sort, emails are completely out of order, that's ridiculous.

The default email app doesn't allow creating folders and doesn't delete emails from the server (useless).

Then there is the gmail app. It has labels (great), it deletes from the server (wonderful). However, I have it set to retrieve my roadrunner emails, I also have it set to send emails from gmail as my roadrunner account. It fails to do that quite often. Instead of the sender being [email protected] it's me@gmail on behalf of [email protected].

I would love just one decent email application on this platform.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As a long time K-9 user, I can say that their rate of improved versions leads me to believe they will have it all fixed soon. Like you, I sure wish it was better right now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
K

Kor-sea

Reaction score
outgoing e-mail issues

I have changed the ports to both of those. In both e-mail accounts. My coroporat ISP and Comcast. Why do I have the problem and it seems no one else does. Could it be a problem with the phone?

jsfocke

Reaction score
I was having the same issue. The way I got my droid X to send email was to setup the outgoing setting like this: (I am in Cincinnati and have roadrunner emails)

SMTP Server:
smtp-server.cinci.rr.com

Security Type:
None

Port:

I checked the box that says "Require sign-in"

Username:
enter your complete email address

Password:
enter your password

Click next and it should work.

I hope this helps

matthelm007

Reaction score
In case someone finds this, I just got this working with K-9 by removing @comcast.net from my user name. (at least it works on WIFI)