Outgoing SMTP Zoominternet Port

lucy2216

Reaction score
Help please - I just got my Droid 2 (switched from BB) I receive my company e-mails using the incoming server just fine however I can't send e-mails. The outgoing server is SMTP.zoominternet.net and uses the automatic 110 port - but it doesn't work. Is there another Port that works for Zoominternet???? It's driving me crazy and Verizon can't help. Has anyone else had a problem? BB was soooo ez

mappy79

Reaction score
Same Problem

I have the exact same experience: Incoming work emails work just fine, but cannot send outgoing. Bberry was never a problem. Incidentally, gmail and aol work fine both in and out. It is almost certainly a port designation problem - I will try all 000 through 999 if I have to I guess, because the Droid 2 is awesome otherwise.

OP
L

lucy2216

Reaction score
i'm going to try armstrong

Going to see if armstrong/zoom provider the could help. I understand that there might be a" magic" port number that works- a lot of people have smae problem- never had it with my bb tour!

mappy79

Reaction score
fyi The port for my Bberry was 143. Tried it, didnt work on the Droid 2. Game to try any others of course..

OP
L

lucy2216

Reaction score
Armstrong - Zoominternet

Just got off the phone with Tech at Armstrong. He did some checking on the account and noted that there they don't "host" our outgoing (only for the work acct). He suggested I contact our IT person and check on who hosts our Domain outgoing mail server...whatever that means. It's unfortunate that I can't go back to my BB to check how it was set-up cause it was way too ez (I could swear that I had zoom as the outgoing). He said it's because the phone carriers use 3G/4G network. Told him my BB was on 3G....I'll keep trying. I also entered my newest e-mail (same company) & ran into same problem - can receive but not send.

mappy79

Reaction score
My IT guy keeps telling me to get the outgoing server info from my carrier - Verizon. Verizon says they no longer have an outgoing SMTP server because they don't host an email server (no [email protected]), so there is no outgoing server info to give . That befuddles my IT guy. This isn't looking very promising, bit I will continue to pursue.

matt_gaia

Reaction score
Actually, here's the setting off of my phone (Droid X) which are working fine:
SMTP: smtp.zoominternet.net
Port: 25
IIRC, port 110 is the incoming port for POP3.

mdhunter2

Reaction score
Matt, Can you help me please?

Actually, here's the setting off of my phone (Droid X) which are working fine:
SMTP: smtp.zoominternet.net
IIRC, port 110 is the incoming port for POP3.

Matt,
I have a Droid X and Verizon Wireless is my cell carrier. I purchased my Motorola Droid X through them and have had absolutely NO luck in setting up my Armstrong (zoominternet.net) email account on this phone. However, my daughter who also has a Droid but it is the Droid Incredible made by HTC can send and receive emails on her phone just fine. We have 3 cells set up on the same account with Verizon, the Motorola Droid X (mine), the HTC Droid Incredible and my wife's Blackberry. Both my wife and daughter have no email issues at all so I can rule out the carrier (Verizon) and Armstrong (our ISP who use the @zoominternet.net email addresses). The only difference that I can tell is that her Droid is made by HTC and mine is made by Motorola. I have no problems with Gmail, nor do they. Also, I set mine up to use port 110 for the incoming POP3 server and port 25 for the outgoing SMTP server, again, just like my daughter's HTC Droid. So my question is, how are YOU getting your Motorola Droid X to work when it appears that no one else can? Can you please help shed some light on this?

matt_gaia

Reaction score
Wow, it's been a while since I've looked at this. Sorry, my setup on the phone was the following:
Incoming Mail server:
Host Name: pop3.zoominternet.net
Port: 110
Username: Your_username
Password: Your_pass

Outgoing:
Host Name: smtp.zoominternet.net
Username: Your_username
Password: Your_pass

IIRC, that *should* be all you need for your setup.

Matt,
I have a Droid X and Verizon Wireless is my cell carrier. I purchased my Motorola Droid X through them and have had absolutely NO luck in setting up my Armstrong (zoominternet.net) email account on this phone. However, my daughter who also has a Droid but it is the Droid Incredible made by HTC can send and receive emails on her phone just fine. We have 3 cells set up on the same account with Verizon, the Motorola Droid X (mine), the HTC Droid Incredible and my wife's Blackberry. Both my wife and daughter have no email issues at all so I can rule out the carrier (Verizon) and Armstrong (our ISP who use the @zoominternet.net email addresses). The only difference that I can tell is that her Droid is made by HTC and mine is made by Motorola. I have no problems with Gmail, nor do they. Also, I set mine up to use port 110 for the incoming POP3 server and port 25 for the outgoing SMTP server, again, just like my daughter's HTC Droid. So my question is, how are YOU getting your Motorola Droid X to work when it appears that no one else can? Can you please help shed some light on this?

mdhunter2

Reaction score
Many, MANY thanks!

I set it up exactly as you directed and voila, I FINALLY got it to work. Thank you so much for your guidance. :) :icon_ banana:

flyingdutchman008

Reaction score
pop3.zoominternet.net -> port 110
smtp.zoominternet.net -> port 25

I think one piece of the puzzle is that you should activate without connected to a Wi-Fi network (just disable while you set up your account). It appears that Armstrong does allow access from the Wireless carrier to their mailservers but if you are connecting through Wi-Fi (like your companies network) they block those.. Good luck!

mdhunter2

Reaction score
That did the trick and many thanks. It's working just fine now, FINALLY! Over a year w/o being able to use my main email address on my cell sure had me shopping for another phone where it would work, that's for sure. mdhunter2 :icon_ banana:

x00099xx

Reaction score
I had the same problem. What a pain in the butt. Spoke with Verizon and Armstrong. Nobody could help. Verizon said to try a factory reset. Before doing that, I looked here. Glad I did! Changed my outgoing port number from 587 to 25 and it worked like a charm. Thank you!

lhalstead

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One (M8)
I have tried everything metnioned above, incoming works, outgoing authentication fails. Any thoughts?