Cant open videos

Reaction score
hey guys my DX is not playing the videos i have stored. it will say "cant open content://media/external/video/media1 to play".Even cant play a fresh vid clip i just recorded,BUT my rock player plays them no problem,anyone have a clue?it also says "Location unavailable" under the info icon
thx in advance

scubieman

Reaction score
I have had lots of problems with stock playing. I think it's just that stock player does not support as many formats as what rock player has. I use rock player all the time now unless it's on line streaming video then by defaults goes to default player.

OP
I

Reaction score
ya i use rock player by default but i want to play the videos through HDMI and cant since they dont open,they played on stock b4 but all of a sudden they stopped,this happened to me when i first got the x and transferred my media, i had no choice but to reformat and re insert all my data back in and it worked, i hope i dont have to do this again

scubieman

Reaction score
Have you noticed any certain format which has more issues? For example there is avi mpeg mpeg4 etc. Try converting to a different format.

OP
I

Reaction score
they all wont play and i dont think converting the videos i jus recorded a min ago should help,it wont play any thing even the recordings i jus made =(

OP
I

Reaction score
hey jus found out i can open them with the stock video editor but still cant open them with the stock player,hopes this helps alil

OP
I

Reaction score
Just fixxed the problem. I uninstalled rock player and now all my videos are working again. Sux I still wanted to keep rock player

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App