Droid x video recordings don't play

randyb69

Reaction score
I posted this in the rom section too, maybe ill get help here too. Any videos being recorded from my X wont play after recording. It begins to open, then says error, "video can not be played or displayed". Any idea what could cause this? I was on Rubix and it did the same thing so I switched to Apex and same thing. Worth noting, it works fine for the first few videos on a fresh rom then randomly quits.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

amos630

Reaction score
I have had my X for a week and already the video files won't play back from the phones camcorder and the camcorder itself turns off when I hit the record button. Very frustrating.

OP
R

randyb69

Reaction score
Exactly, im having those same exact issues. Would be nice if someone chimed in with a fix lol

OP
R

randyb69

Reaction score
I put my sdcard in my droid 1 and droid 2 and the same message appears. Im gonna say its something with the sdcard, what it would be I dont know. I checked the /sdcard/dcim and the permissions didn't look correct.

OP
R

randyb69

Reaction score
Scratch that, videos recorded on other roms will play. Ones recorded on this rom will not. !

OP
R

randyb69

Reaction score
I fixed it for now by reinstalling the rom and not wiping cache and data. Lost my black bar but its fixed.