cant make calls or text, but can get on internet

billwill

Reaction score
First time poster, sorry if i break any rules
im having issues with being able to make calls and send/recieve texts, i think its a tower issue but *228 doesnt seem to be working right. soon as i dial it it just pops up a message right away saying " a verizon wireless SIM card has activated your service and updated your phones roaming capabilities" i dont get a chance to pick any options or anything. i didnt see any other threads that helped me, if i missed one i appologize in advance.

my question is this, should i just wait till i get back to work (phone worked fine there, its at home in BFE that im having issues) and do the *228 again? or will possably resetting the data on the phone clear up the problem? i go back to work shortly but not having texts and calls is getting annoying.

thx for vewing and/or helping, new to smartphones (my first one actually WOOTS!) but i do know some about computers.

Last edited:

mamawm

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sorry no one has gotten around to you yet. I only got my dna yesterday so it's my first visit to this subforum. It sounds to me like you may have a bad sim card. Dialing*228 is for cdma only (3g only). On 4glte phones all that stuff is handled on verizon's side thru the sim card. You should never dial *228 from a 4g phone as it could possibly damage the sim card. I hope you have already resolved your problem, but if you are still having issues,i would request a new sim from verizon.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
You can power off the device, remove the SIM card re-insert. Then turn phone back on and see if that helps. Does it connect to a Wi-Fi? You could back up your data (download Drop box to store in a free cloud service) and perform a factory reset(Settings-Backup & Reset). If still not active, take the phone into a Verizon store and get the new NFC SIM card (free at corporate store, as a dealer will charge you - locate store at www.vzw.com).