Cant get verizon usb tethering to work..worked just once..

The Strokes

Reaction score
I want to use verizon hotspot usb tethering but it only worked once for me. I have it in pc mode, have both hotspot and usb checked. I tried it
with & without usb debugging and cant get it to work. I tried another pc and still doesnt work. Cant find a solution only other people having
the same problem. Any help..thanks.

SallyC

Reaction score
I want to use verizon hotspot usb tethering but it only worked once for me. I have it in pc mode, have both hotspot and usb checked. I tried it
with & without usb debugging and cant get it to work. I tried another pc and still doesnt work. Cant find a solution only other people having
the same problem. Any help..thanks.

I think you are confusing hotspot and tethering. If you want to use USB you want to tether. Here's how you do that:

In order for your device to be used as a modem. You can enable the USB Tethering feature. To enable this feature:
  1. Press Menu
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Tap Wireless & networks
  4. Tap Tethering & Mobile Hotspot
  5. Check the box for USB Tethering (this option is not selectable unless connected to a USB cable)
You can tether your phone to your computer with a USB cable to share your phone's internet connection with your computer.
  • Tethering works with Windows vista, Windows 7, and Linux.
  • You can't mount your phone's SD card on your computer when USB tethered.
  • For more information, including using USB tethering with other Operating Systems, seewww.android.com/tether#usb
You can also make your phone a wifi hotspot, but that requires additional service features. More info on how to do that here.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
SallyC said:
I think you are confusing hotspot and tethering. If you want to use USB you want to tether. Here's how you do that:

In order for your device to be used as a modem. You can enable the USB Tethering feature. To enable this feature:

[*]Press Menu
[*]Tap Settings
[*]Tap Wireless & networks
[*]Tap Tethering & Mobile Hotspot
[*]Check the box for USB Tethering (this option is not selectable unless connected to a USB cable)
You can tether your phone to your computer with a USB cable to share your phone's internet connection with your computer.

[*]Tethering works with Windows vista, Windows 7, and Linux.
[*]You can't mount your phone's SD card on your computer when USB tethered.
[*]For more information, including using USB tethering with other Operating Systems, seewww.android.com/tether#usb

You can also make your phone a wifi hotspot, but that requires additional service features. More info on how to do that here.

There is a simple hack to enable mobile hotspot for free here is the link just scroll down till u see the instructions just skip the fxz part http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html

OP
T

The Strokes

Reaction score
I already have the razr rooted and did the sql hack. I'm trying to use the OE app to usb tether to 1 pc. I dont want to use other apps. I have pdanet and crack but
for some reason when I got the mobile hotspot usb working, it was alot faster than using third party apps. Just worked once for me.

OP
T

The Strokes

Reaction score
Got it to work once again. I used pdanet at first then some reason usb tether (the verizon app) started working. I shut off pdanet and ran a speed test.
heres the results.