Can't get sms/mms notification to go away

DrewB

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have this sms notification that won't go away. I opened all my texts and its still there. I then deleted all my texts and its still won't go away. Any one know what the problem might be? I even messed with all the notification settings and that little sob won't go away. It's just annoying lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

G

gatewayad

Try pulling the battery or doing a soft reboot, should go away

OP
D

DrewB

Reaction score
Yes and tried the soft reboot already. I'll try pulling the bat now

OP
D

DrewB

Reaction score
Still there after pull

mitchb2

Reaction score
Just to clarify, you aren't getting double notifications (one from stock app, and one from alternative app) are you?

luckwld

Reaction score
I had the same issue come up on mine. I sent a message out and then got a new message which triggered the notification so when I read the new message, it went away. It's almost like it forgot to undo the notification and that "process" won't get called again until you read another new SMS.

OP
D

DrewB

Reaction score
No I wasn't. And I got it to go away. I just rearranged my message icons and that did the trick. Wierd tho. I guess that it was just a small glitch

lettuce chief

Reaction score
lol if u use something other than "messages" i.e. handcent or chompsms then go back into ther stock message app and turn off notifications.

if you realize handcent/chompsms use different notification symbols than the stock app for messaging.

OP
D

DrewB

Reaction score
I don't know where people are getting the idea I used a second party app. I'm using the stock messaging app

burkett375

Reaction score
I don't know where people are getting the idea I used a second party app. I'm using the stock messaging app

I'm there with ya, buddy. As you can see, deleting all my messages didn't help, either!

34hzb0afk2egw4bcwd6l.jpg

OP
D

DrewB

Reaction score
Try rearranging the icons at the bottom

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Had this problem last night on my new TB.. sent myself a couple of txts and it seemed to have cleared by itself. It's funny that this problem has popped up on Sense for Android.. I used to have a WM6.5 Touch Pro 2 and this issue was sorta common with Sense.

NickWBurns

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, but for me the LED light won't stop flashing either. Helpppp