New Text Message Notification Won't Go Away

theblackpage

Reaction score
So, each time I click on the notification, instead of taking me to the message itself, it sends me to a new, blank message screen.

I took a look at another thread which suggested I download SMS Cleaner and then delete the message using that program. Sadly, it did not work.

I can't get the notification to go away so I never know if I have a new text message or if its just the same notice that won't go away.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you using a different app and not stock? If so, open the stock app and uncheck the notifications box.

OP
T

theblackpage

Reaction score
Are you using a different app and not stock? If so, open the stock app and uncheck the notifications box.

Um....

What is "stock," haha?

I'm just using the default messaging that the phone has already set up.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Longshot, how often do you restart your phone?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Again longshot, have you tried clearing data/cache for the messaging app?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

MarkPhlipy

Reaction score
Text Message Not Sent

This is thread number ELEVEN as far as i can tell, same problem, notification saying "Text Message Not Sent" stuck in the SMS/MMS notifications every time you start up the stock messaging app.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...suggestions/145377-text-message-not-sent.html

I've tried every other thread, the ONLY fix I've seen that anyone said worked is to download HandCent, clear the unsent messages that way. But I don't want to rest on a work around, I want a FIX! Why can't Verizon or Google/Android FIX this problem? Seems it's affecting a goodly number of folks.

Received an MMS message with a photo, after it downloaded and I clicked the message a pop-up came up "A read receipt will be sent, Yes/No" I clicked Yes thinking I had to in order to view the message. Suddenly now that "text message not sent" notification keeps popping up.

I've deleted the original message/photo, rebooted the phone (soft reboot, on and off) twice, even cleared the messaging and Text Messaging caches in the Applications settings, no luck.

Mark P.