cant get on LTE after ics update - HELP

shadowsjc

Reaction score
I installed lteonoff app from the market to turn 4G off after I installed ics because it was draining my battery at work. Now I can't turn it back on. Any tips other than factory reset? 3G still works fine.

I'm on a stock bionic, never rooted and I applied the OTA yesterday morning

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
What setting are you selecting for 4g within that app? It should be "LTE/CDMA/EvDo". That app is really just accessing an existing menu that is part of the OS. Have you waited for the phone to settle down after upgrade? Cleared cache?

OP
S

shadowsjc

Reaction score
i had it on LTE/CDMA/EVDO after i left work but i got 0 internet with that setting. when i changed it to CDMA auto, i got 3G back. i cycled through pretty much all of the options and some gave me 3G, some gave me nothing (not even cell reception), and some gave me only cell reception (no internet).

i'm home now so i can leave it on LTE/CDMA/EVDO for awhile to see if i eventually get internet back (crosses fingers)

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
can you dial from the dial pad ##program aka ##7764726 password is six(6) zeros (0)

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
and then from there, i think its in a page under "Test Mode" and hit next until you see "Network Mode" and choose the LTE/CDMA/EVDO combo.

OP
S

shadowsjc

Reaction score
Thanks, I just tried that and saw the setting. at least now i have 3G with the setting (i don't get 4G in the house), but i'll go outside soon and hopefully 4G comes back

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I just tried that and saw the setting. at least now i have 3G with the setting (i don't get 4G in the house), but i'll go outside soon and hopefully 4G comes back

let us know. after you made the change and backed out, the phone should have rebooted, if it didn't check again to make sure the setting took.

also, DO NOT MESS WITH ANYTHING ELSE IN THERE! a lot of dangerous settings lol

biker128pedal

Reaction score
and then from there, i think its in a page under "Test Mode" and hit next until you see "Network Mode" and choose the LTE/CDMA/EVDO combo.

This fix seams to work. It changes the default so when i reboot it switches back after selecting CMDA only for just 3G. Good fix but scary place. :biggrin:

Edit: This is still iffy. Setting to 3G only still messes up some. At first a simple reboot would reset to 4G. But not today.

Last edited: