Can't flash sbf

Fl1f1sh

Reaction score
I have latest Windows 7 64 bit drivers, RSD Lite 4.8, Bootloader 30.3. Trying to flash 2.3.15.sbf. Droid X is semi bricked. I can receive text message and phone calls, but nothing appears on home screen. I can get RSD to see the Droid X but when I try and run the sbf file, I get the following error:
"Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve interface handle. (0x7027); Phone disconnected"

Any help would be appreciated. My phone is practically new and I hate to get a refurbished replacement. Brick happened when trying to do the OTA update to 2.3.340.

Last edited:
OP
F

Fl1f1sh

Reaction score
Installed RSD Lite on a Windows XP machine and sbf file worked flawlessly. As others have stated, Windows 7 64 bit doesn't seem to work properly.

Last edited:

pfunk

Reaction score
I am trying to do the same thing. but i don't have the sbf file and i can't seem to find it. My problem is that i am stuck in startup of rubix 1.9 after upgrading to new ota and rerooting with z4 root and then trying to install rubix 1.9 then this is where it went all to hell i by mistake rebooted to recovery after install rom sd card.

OP
F

Fl1f1sh

Reaction score
The file you need to search for is: VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf

I found it on the rootzwiki site. Worked flawlessly after loading drivers and RSD Lite on an XP machine. Rooted with Z4 after reflash.

tatuud

Reaction score
I am trying to do the same thing. but i don't have the sbf file and i can't seem to find it. My problem is that i am stuck in startup of rubix 1.9 after upgrading to new ota and rerooting with z4 root and then trying to install rubix 1.9 then this is where it went all to hell i by mistake rebooted to recovery after install rom sd card.

If you upgraded to the new OTA then you're on a completely different bootloader/kernal. DO NOT FLASH 2.3.15 SBF. If you flash this sbf you will really mess up your phone. What you need is the "system only" sbf that is out for the 2.3.340.

pfunk

Reaction score
Tatuud is correct, I did exactly that and I was in a world of hurt. I bricked my phone. It would only open in bootloader. Make sure you use the latest rsd lite, I used 4.8, and latest sdf. file, the gift 2. After my phone was raised from the dead the only backup that worked correctly was one after the .340 ota. I want to thank everyone on these forums especially the devs. You all saved my phone. Nomore rooting for me

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dustin.

Reaction score
Well look at it this way, if you ever decide to come back to the "Dark Side" :p and root your phone again, at least you know the steps and how to SBF to get your phone back to life again.

Mistakes help you be better prepared for the future, so that way when a mistake is made, you'll know what to do.

jcutter347

Reaction score
Is is possible to do a rom backup using ROM Manager, then place that file in the backup folder of clockwork mod of another phone, and flash it to the second phone? I have the DX, official OTA (2.3.34), and my daughter has the DX, running 2.3.15 OTA. Before knowing the consequences, we deleted some files, amazon mp3, kindle, gtalk, etc. Since she is unable to receive the update, In my head, I think I should be able to wipe data and cache before restoring. Is this theory correct or am I about to be in a world of hurt? Please feel free to give any response necessary as I have thick skin. Both of our phones have root through Z4 root, and we both have ROM manager premium and bootstrapper. I'm trying to avoid putting the apk's back on the phone. Is this an option that will work? Thank you for any help.

tatuud

Reaction score
If the phone isn't completely stock an OTA update isn't possible. Personally I don't use rom manager, there is no real need for it if you have an X. You could just sbf the phone that using 2.3.15. That's the easiest way to upgrade to the OTA. And I guess you could use a stock 2.3.15 file but you may run into issues if the persons gmail acct is loaded and if for whatever reason an app was removed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App