Cant download files

Tjaden

Reaction score
Up until about 2 weeks ago I was able to download large files onto my phone over the 3G network. I work on computers alot out and about and use this feature to get drivers and software updates to put onto computers. Yet recently I haven't been able to download anything other than android market apps. I tried a bunch of different things, new browser, factory reset of my phone, nothing seems to work. Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions or maybe has a solution to this. The next step im going to do when I get time is format my SD card and see if there are any files on there that are causing the issue. Along with desync my account and phone so nothing will be installed without me knowing. Any tips or help would be appricated.

doctordoctor

Reaction score
What phone do you have and ROM etc???

I am having the same problems! I run Liquid 1.71 on my droid 1. Also I have random reboots! Just noticed this yesterday. I can no longer download email attachments especially word docs when I have office to go full version

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tjaden are you getting a message when these files fail?

OP
T

Tjaden

Reaction score
Tjaden are you getting a message when these files fail?

Not exacly, Im running stock OS, what happens is the file said Untitled, then under downloads it says waiting for connection. It seems to connect and then says the download is complete. What I end up with is a file that is 32 or 33kb in size and the title is of what I'm trying to download. I tried 3 browsers, got the same results. After a factory reset I got it to download one file, then suddenly no more after that. I thought maybe Verizon blocked downloads now, but that wouldnt make much sense. Any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd have to try it on my own Droid to see what happens. Give me a download link and let me see. I'll use my D1 on WiFi and see if I can't pull it in.

OP
T

Tjaden

Reaction score
I tried to pull something off Megaupload, anything. Didnt work. Also Download.com. Nothing. Wifi was gunna be my next test when I get home. Of course I cant get on there cause work blocked it, ugh. Anyway I do own a D1 yes if that helps.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
I get download unseccusful and a force close issue when I say report it shows that the download manager is too blame so can I get a updated version

droid 1 running SS 4.8

OP
T

Tjaden

Reaction score
Good question, I thought it might be something like an update too. I could do it all the time before I factory reset my phone the first time. After I did, it worked a few times then down hill from there. Maybe something updated and I wasn't aware? If that's the case we would probably have to wait it out for a while. Wouldnt it prompt for an update though?

So I tried factory reset again. No different. So it's either on the SD card, 3G, or Verizon. It could be where Im downloading from too, but I doubt it since I get the same results everywhere >_>

Last edited:
OP
T

Tjaden

Reaction score
Brilliant, I might have to learn how to do that...but it's not Verizon. Cause I got on wifi and couldnt download anything either. Next test will be to format the SD card, see where that goes.

OK that didnt work either. So the problem lies within the Droid phone itself. I suppose I'll have to figure out how to do a SS4 or whatever that is. But other than that I cant think of anything else to try.
At this point can anyone shed light on SS4? It seems to be like a mod or something, but I dont have the exact details. Links or a detailed explaination would be brilliant.

Last edited:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Tjaden, sorry, but (IMHO) BHS has hijacked this thread. What he is referring to is a custom rom. His first post (in this thread) was referring to ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning 4.8 (ss 4.8) and his later post 'fix' says "updated to ss4" so there that is there. As I am sure you know, installing a custom rom requires one to root their phone, and yours is not rooted.

As to actually fixing your situation, do you have Astro File manager installed? I don't have a total solution but when I used to use Astro there was an option within it's menu to allow downloading "unknown" file types. I have a hunch that I haven't given you a good solution, but I hope it's a start.

good luck

OP
T

Tjaden

Reaction score
I just tried Astro. No luck, same results. Guess ill have to learn how to root my phone and all. That's why I thought it was in the phones programng. Guess I was right.

Garret

Reaction score
I was also facing the same problem about downloading and now i get rid from this error by installing internet download manager which can download files more easily and fastly.