Cannot sync AOL

dumluk2002

Reaction score
Just got my Dinc2 tonight!! Trying to get my aol but get an error message cannot connect to server, your server is not responding......can anyone give me an insight??

dwallbaum

Reaction score
If you are new to the forums, you will see threads that the default Mail app is failing. Mine failed, so you may want to get another mail app. A Verizon tech suggested a free app, K-9, and that seems to work OK. There are others.

Also, the server issue seems to be signal-strength-dependant. If in an dodgy area, try to get to an area with better signal strength. Get a signal strength indicator, don't rely on the bars on the phone. They are useless. Get a meter that displays the strenght in numberic values. -113 indicates the signal will drop. -51 is the theoretical maximum, from what I have read.

Also, AOL, just generally, tends to be a bit flaky at times. Try again. It does work.

384sprites

Reaction score
Sucks huh?

You bought the phone right before it did an update to 2.3.3. That update has crippled syncing certain accounts. So for instance I can no longer sync my Google account with my Droid. I suppose we'll have to wait for another update.

You can find this problem rampant throughout the forums in Google. I thought it was just my phone until I started researching to see it's prevalent elsewhere.

OP
D

dumluk2002

Reaction score
I did what you suggested and it worked!! Thanks!!!