Cannot open browser while on a call..

crankyg

Reaction score
would anyone know anything about this? when I am on a call, I cannot do any tasks that require data transmission I tried to upload a photo while I was on a call, no go. Couldn't open a browser either.. Maybe I have to change a setting? I only have 2 downloaded applications, that I deleted, ( thought there might be a conflict ) and tried to then, open the browser, and social pages while on the phone, and it still wasn't able to connect. I haven't been having any other known issues , this is the first time I tried to "multi task" like this. Thank you. Any input would be greatly appreciated. ( I love this forum )
g.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
You should be able to multi-task like crazy, but you can not be on a call and the web at the same time on 3g only. Calls and internet only work with wifi connected

FrostMan

Reaction score
CDMA uses data to make calls, therefore you cannot have a phone call and use apps that require data at the same time.

Easy bypass to this that I use is if you are at your house, turn WIFI and you will be able to use your browser, etc.

OP
C

crankyg

Reaction score
really?! Wow, that seems so, I don't know, barbaric ?! Ok so I should be able to do this if I connect to wifi ? ( I hadn't bothered because I didn't see a need to ) I will try that, thank you very much.

Yes the good old days,of common sense.. when I could assign a specific ringtone for callers AND for their texts and shut off my camera shutter sounds in "camera settings". Ugh..

Gonna check this out. thanks for the info :) >

OP
C

crankyg

Reaction score
CDMA uses data to make calls, therefore you cannot have a phone call and use apps that require data at the same time.

Easy bypass to this that I use is if you are at your house, turn WIFI and you will be able to use your browser, etc.

OK, I am going to see if I can do this. Thank you ! :)

OP
C

crankyg

Reaction score
Yes it worked !! You guys are great !!!!!! THANK YOU :heart:

djice

Reaction score
yea, unforturnately you have to be on wifi to multitask by calling and using your data apps, but its workable as long as you have wifi access, if you don't then you must wait til the call is over lol