The Browser Blues

immortal_ben

Reaction score
I cannot find any browser, that works with JB, that trips my trigger.

Boat didnt open, Chrome has horrible UI, Opera Mini is annoying in every aspect (and I have discovered it looks a lot like the iOS browser, no wonder I couldn't stand it), Firefox didnt open, ICS+ didn't open....

JB stock browser works, and I like many of its features, but its just so.... blah. There's no soul to it, no feel, nothing to "experience".

/sadface

Briankbl

Reaction score
Chrome is ok, but Opera Mini is spectacular. It's super fast, efficient, with a handy dialer at start up. Instant "Back" feature. Really feels like Opera much more than Safari. Not understanding the hate here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Belly v1.6!

omgidfk

Reaction score
I actually really like Chrome =\ Mainly because it syncs with my computers though and I use that feature a ton. I used to use ICS+ browser before it though, your just going to have to wait for the devs to update their apps. I was in a similar situation with launchers at first, but then Apex got updated(to not FC at least). Can't blame the devs though! JB is still new! We aren't even suppose to technically have it =P Thats the price you pay to be on the cutting edge I guess =D

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I cannot find any browser, that works with JB, that trips my trigger.

Boat didnt open, Chrome has horrible UI, Opera Mini is annoying in every aspect (and I have discovered it looks a lot like the iOS browser, no wonder I couldn't stand it), Firefox didnt open, ICS+ didn't open....

JB stock browser works, and I like many of its features, but its just so.... blah. There's no soul to it, no feel, nothing to "experience".

/sadface

Really? WTF?

Others to try: Maxthon, Dolphin, Skyfire...

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Being that JB isn't officially out yet, it isn't surprising to find apps that aren't compatible or have some sort of problem with the new update. Every big update has brought some issues with some apps. The SDK has only been out for about a week now. The good developers will get to the problems and iron them out in a timely manner. I imagine once more folks get the update, or devices come out with it, they will have more incentive to update their apps. Right now there is an extremely small percentage of folks that are running JB.

OP
immortal_ben

immortal_ben

Reaction score
Really? WTF?

Others to try: Maxthon, Dolphin, Skyfire...

Loved Dolphin before, so tried Dolphin mini and it didnt open. Will try the other two. Never even seen Maxthon in the Store.

I suppose it sounded like I was complaining, but I really was not. I was more or less throwing this out there to see if anyone else had the browser blues as well. I fully understand us JB people are running a nandroid meant for a different phone. I am quite happy that the thing is stable enough for daily use and works with nearly every app I use.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Loved Dolphin before, so tried Dolphin mini and it didnt open. Will try the other two. Never even seen Maxthon in the Store.

I suppose it sounded like I was complaining, but I really was not. I was more or less throwing this out there to see if anyone else had the browser blues as well. I fully understand us JB people are running a nandroid meant for a different phone. I am quite happy that the thing is stable enough for daily use and works with nearly every app I use.

Yeah, sounded like you were crying like a little girl. Anyway, try Maxthon here, and did you try Dolphin HD, or just mini?

OP
immortal_ben

immortal_ben

Reaction score
I ran Dolphin HD for a long time on my DX and had it for a while on the GNex, but the dang thing got so bloated and wanted to be updated all the time with junk I did not want. So I have only tried mini with JB. Trying Maxthon right now.

OP
immortal_ben

immortal_ben

Reaction score
So far I like Maxthon. Emailed the dev a question and he got back to me in about two hours. Pretty awesome.