Cannot download from Market on DX or Nook with my Google account after .588 update

just4747

Reaction score
Hi guys, like the title says, I was on leaked GB on my DX, then today I SBFed to Froyo and upgraded to the newer .588 GB. Everything was fine except all downloads in the Market give me the download was unsuccessful message every single time. I have tried EVERYTHING suggested on the Internet for this- wiped Market cache/data, clear data for Download Manager, clear data for Google Framework, etc. Tried factory restore/wipe data. Tried upgrading again to GB, same issue, SBFed again back to Froyo, same issue.

The weird part is, I have a Nook Color too with the same Google account connected, and all of a sudden I cannot download from the Market on there either. Same exact issue.

BUT I can send a download from the Internet-based Android Market and it downloads it on my Droid X fine. ????

Knowing this, can someone help me figure this out? I have tried other forums and have gotten no help so far.

An original thread is here documenting my steps up until now: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...t-download-after-installing-root-588-a-2.html

Thanks so much if you can help.

Last edited:

droidxep

Reaction score
I had the same issue and worked on it all day one day and couldn't fix it. Cut my phone off that night and the next morning cut it back on and it worked. So frustrating! !

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums