Market pausing downloads

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by CD95YJ, Jan 9, 2011.

1. CD95YJ

CD95YJ Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So I am at home and connected to wifi. For whatever reason the market isn't downloading any thing for me today. It keeps pausing the download and stays paused until I cancel it. I have cleared market history, wiped cache, rebooted... nothing is working. Any ideas on how to fix this, and is anyone else having the same issue?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

2. trustno1

trustno1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am also having the exact same issues. I also tried to fix it using those steps. I just got it today as my droid 1 died. I am probably going to put a rom on if Rom manager ever downloads...

3. KHeeney5

KHeeney5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sometimes I click to update them and then later I go into the market and under My Apps it has the downloads listed with 100% progress and when I click on them they begin to install.

4. en28so

en28so Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This is annoying! It happens to me all the time too. I just click on the download and press Install again, sometimes a few times for the damn app to install. Weird. I jinxed myself because I somebody had this issue in another post, and I said it was all good. Spoke too soon. Maybe too many people downloading Apps at the same time?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

5. piquat

piquat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Brand new X and while installing a BUNCH of stuff, one of them just pauses. So I canceled it and right after it cancels... it starts downloading like it should have in the first place. Only happened once though.

6. CSchlim

CSchlim New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to pass on what I discovered today. My DroidX worked fine for 5 mo. Downloaded just fine...until last weekend. Then I could not download anything from the Market. After HOURS on the phone with Verizon and Motorola, I DISCOVERED the answer to it not downloading!! I formatted my card and then put the files I had backed up onto my computer from the card (2 weeks ago) and put them back on the card and it worked fine. I have downloaded MANY apps since then and everything is working fine. Motorola hinted to me that maybe there was a corrupt file on the card but didn't know what file. I took it from there and did the formatting, etc. My phone is working again!!!

7. iNfAMOUS702

iNfAMOUS702 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im having the same problems :mad: ..the apps i select will either dl to 100% and just freeze or wont even begin the dl

8. CSchlim

CSchlim New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Market pauses/stops

iNfAMOUS702 >> Yup.....I just kept pushing Verizon and Motorola. Had the incident escalated several times but I didn't give up. Verizon sent me two replacement phones...thinking that was the problem...NOT...talked to Motorola twice. The first time they were of no help. The second time they hinted there was a corrupt file but didn't know what it was called!!! Said they will call me back next week. I knew I had backed the card up on to my computer before the problem so took the card out ....unmounted first (under settings...SD card and phone storage settings)....and formatted the card on the computer. Then pulled all of the files that I had backed up over to the card. Put the card back in the phone and wahlah! the Market worked and I reinstalled all of my apps...with no problem at all!!! All that frustration and I fixed it!!!

Search tags for this page
android download keeps pausing
android downloads keep pausing
android market download keeps pausing
android market download paused

android market download paused fix

android market downloading paused
android market keeps pausing downloads
download keeps pausing android
how to unpause a download in android market
how to unpause a download on android