Can you please check you calendar for this bug?

unionsparky

Reaction score
Can you please check your calendar for this bug?

I am trying to see if this bug is an Android bug or an HTC bug. I am experiencing this error with Froyo installed on my HTC EVO. Will you be so kind to check if your Droid's with Froyo are doing this too?

When editing a calendar entry, the 'Description' field's content is overwritten the moment you enter 'Edit' with the 'Where' field's contents.

Add event
What: Android rules
Where: The globe
Description: Go Droid Go!
'Save'
'Edit'
Description field is now filled with 'The globe'

[video=youtube;T3-Kv76fb5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3-Kv76fb5Q"]See Here[/video]

nateccnn

Reaction score
I am trying to see if this bug is an Android bug or an HTC bug. I am experiencing this error with Froyo installed on my HTC EVO. Will you be so kind to check if your Droid's with Froyo are doing this too?

When editing a calendar entry, the 'Description' field's content is overwritten the moment you enter 'Edit' with the 'Where' field's contents.

Add event
What: Android rules
Where: The globe
Description: Go Droid Go!
'Save'
'Edit'
Description field is now filled with 'The globe'

See Here

I set it up exactly as you descibed and I have "Go droid go" in mt Description field.

Sounds like it is your droid that's screwing up.

Nate

OP
U

unionsparky

Reaction score
Thanks guys! This is what I figured. It's HTC's port that is jacked up.

Does anyone know if Motorola and HTC would be working with the exact same build of Android, or does Google modify them for each device? My guess is that each manufacturer works with the stock Android OS and goes from there. Meaning this problem did not originate with Google, unless Moto fixed it when they did their stuff for their users. Thoughts??