Can you make the keyboard smaller?

theblackabbot

Reaction score
When I turn the phone sideways, the keyboard takes up like 80% of the screen size. I notice this especially in the Browser, but also with Gmail...I think. Is there a way to make the keyboard smaller?

Thanks!

jerkwad

Reaction score
I agree - it is very annoying to lose everything but your text box when going to landscape mode. I don't think the stock keyboard can scale. I know that SwiftKeyX has the ability to choose between small, medium, large keyboard options. Perhaps you can try that app out and see if it helps. I lock my phone in portrait mode, so it's never an issue for me. Hope that helps!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I agree - it is very annoying to lose everything but your text box when going to landscape mode.

One of the many reasons why I've always preferred a physical keyboard. Give me a RAZR MAXX with a physical keyboard, and I'll be in heaven.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I use Ultra Keyboard you can customize the key sizes, both height and width, which will help with your size issue. You can also add or remove the top menu bar. It has a bunch of themes and most import the developer listens to problems and upgrades often and replies to peoples questions on FB.

There is also a trial version for 48 hours!!