Bigger keyboard

seltz9344

Reaction score
I wanted to move from a Galaxy S2 to the S3, between the other reasons, also for the keyboard - I assume that on a larger keyboard, it's easier to type.

I've seen though, that on the S3, the ladscape keyboard is actually smaller (less tall) than the S2's.
Since I use the keyboard almost exclusively with that orientation, I have two questions:

#1) is it possible to make something for having a taller keyboard (again, landscape mode)?
#2) is it reasonable to assume that a larger keyboard necessarily means easier typing, when we're talking of an increase of less than an inch?

Thanks!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forum!

As far as ease of use goes, it really depends on what you're used to. If you can get used to one size, it'll be easier. If you can get used to other sizes and change your habits a bit, the new size will probably seem easier.

With regard to sizes in landscape mode, if you install a 3rd party launcher off the market like Swift Key or the JB keyboard, you can actually customize the sizes.

Sent from my S3

Jelem1880

Reaction score
I'm currently using A.I. Type keyboard Plus and you can change the height of the keys on the keyboard in portrait and landscape. But like the previous poster stated, there are plenty of third party keyboard apps that allow you to do the same things and fully customize your keyboard.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
SwiftKey allows you to make the keyboard or landscape bigger if you like. Plus, the word prediction is really good compared to stock.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Give Thumb Keyboard a try.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
They're all great, but Swiftkey is the most reliable and most accurate one I've used. I even tried Thumb Keyboard. Interesting, but I wasn't willing (and don't really have) the time to get used to it.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Swiftkey for sure. Im using swiftkey flow and its amazing.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Swiftkey for typing even if you don't take advantage of the next word predictions. It's very thumb friendly.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post