Can you hear me now?

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am going camping in an area that has very poor service, if any. Is there an app that I can use that would point me in the right direction to walk to improve me signal?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
not sure if there's an app to improve signal.

what you can do is onice you get near the area, or actually in the area you can dial *228 and option 2 to update your capabilities.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
not sure if there's an app to improve signal.

what you can do is onice you get near the area, or actually in the area you can dial *228 and option 2 to update your capabilities.
+1.

GMon has promise, but I honestly don't know if it's ever going to live up to it. Look for a cell signal meter in the market. Or Google it, see what comes up. It might not provide directions but if one way offers more signal you can walk and see if it improves.

Oh, and dezymond, are you till running RC-1? It's in final build now.

OP
steveninspokane
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I will try that *228. be nice to atleast have a signal that comes and goes than none at all.

Not sure what GMon is, did a market search and nothing came up.

I will try to find a good signal widget or something.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1.

GMon has promise, but I honestly don't know if it's ever going to live up to it. Look for a cell signal meter in the market. Or Google it, see what comes up. It might not provide directions but if one way offers more signal you can walk and see if it improves.

Oh, and dezymond, are you till running RC-1? It's in final build now.

Yes I'm still on RC-1. I didn't even know a final build came out. I better check ROM Manager.

Thanks for letting me know!

edit: found the final build on ROM Manager, flashing the new ROM now.Thanks Fur!

Last edited:

velocity92c

Reaction score
Roaming is free everywhere in the US. Go to your network settings and enable data roaming. I would be willing to bet your service improves. I had my droid for months before I found this out and at my house vzw doesn't provide enough service to even send a text msg. I enabled data roaming and I have full 3g service!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yes, forgot the roaming thing. As long as you're not bumping up against Canada or Mexico you're good to go with roaming. Of course, roaming doesn't help if there's NO signal.

Actually it's g-mon not gmon. My bad. :) It's an app to check for cell signal/towers, WiFi signal, and whatnot. It ties into your GPS system to create a map and links to maps others have made. Like I said, great promise, but I don't think it's gone anywhere since the beginning promise.