Can the Verizon store move all my contacts from my enV3 to my Droid?

OP
M

Matth3w

I actually looked at my GMail account, and I do indeed have most of my contacts still there from when I had my G1 with TMob. So I added/updated my contacts and should be good to go as soon as I get the phone.

All I have to do to switch from my LG is to hit #228 for Verizon right?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actually looked at my GMail account, and I do indeed have most of my contacts still there from when I had my G1 with TMob. So I added/updated my contacts and should be good to go as soon as I get the phone.

All I have to do to switch from my LG is to hit #228 for Verizon right?
Yup, just program the Droid.

OP
M

Matth3w

How does it know what one to replace? I have two on my account...

OP
M

Matth3w

Oh, sorry to be a PITA, but if I add birthdays into my contacts in GMail will it automatically remind me or something when I add them to my droid?

Shinobi326

Reaction score
I just exported my Backed up Contact List on Verizon as a csv file (comma seperated values file).

Then Imported it into my Gmail account's Contact Manager.

The phone then syncs with it.

I did the same with my outlook contacts. (Thought I used a third party sync program to keep the 2 contact lists the same. You can just do it through csv though).

The phone automatically sync with your Gmail contact.

This is exactly the same process I just went through for both my Droid and my wife's Eris. Both times Verizon said they don't get involved in transferring contacts anymore and they give you an instruction sheet with how to do it yourself. Not the best customer service move, but hey, I got them all in there without redoing them and I'm happy so I'm ok with it.

bgdave

Reaction score
1) Reactivate your EnV or whatever old phone you have
2) Download backup assistant from the VZW store thingymajigger
3) Go to verizonwireless.com and login to your account
4) Enter backup assistant
5) Export as .csv
6) Import your .csv into google.com/contacts
7) Reactivate your Droid
8) Sync
9) Be Happy.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Oh, sorry to be a PITA, but if I add birthdays into my contacts in GMail will it automatically remind me or something when I add them to my droid?

Not sure...They will push to the contact info but none of mine have had a birthday yet...so not sure if a reminder is given...