Can the Verizon store move all my contacts from my enV3 to my Droid?

M

Matth3w

Is this possible? Or am I going to have to manually re-enter them all when I get my Droid in the mail?

OP
M

Matth3w

Damn this forum has fast responders. Thanks!

jaysnyder75

Reaction score
In my own personal experience, although from the BB Storm, i would say 99% of the contacts were able to be moved successfully at the Verizon Store but the others I had to manually reenter.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yes....takes a few minutes but they can have it done.

B1-66er

Reaction score
When I got mine, they didn't have the right plug for the Droid so I had to do it all manually. Good thing I don't have too many friends, haha

sal33n

Reaction score
With Blue tooth it's very easy and fast to copy contacts from one phone to another by yourself.

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
Is this possible? Or am I going to have to manually re-enter them all when I get my Droid in the mail?

Yes, they probably can. But I would advise you to tune up your google contacts with all the ones you want NOW. Set up filters etc and groups. That way it can be maintained easily and updated on your comp. rather than poking it into the phone one letter at a time.:)

JamesX

Reaction score
I just exported my Backed up Contact List on Verizon as a csv file (comma seperated values file).

Then Imported it into my Gmail account's Contact Manager.

The phone then syncs with it.

I did the same with my outlook contacts. (Thought I used a third party sync program to keep the 2 contact lists the same. You can just do it through csv though).

The phone automatically sync with your Gmail contact.

xtreme

Reaction score
I just exported my Backed up Contact List on Verizon as a csv file (comma seperated values file).

I did the same with my outlook contacts. (Thought I used a third party sync program to keep the 2 contact lists the same. You can just do it through csv though).

or you can download "bluetooth file transfer" from the market and pair the two devices via bluetooth and send name card via blueooth from pervious phone to droid

xjman349

Reaction score
They can. We have really been moving away from doing it. Call customer service and they will tell you how to do it with backup assistant and google sync.

OP
M

Matth3w

Yes, they probably can. But I would advise you to tune up your google contacts with all the ones you want NOW. Set up filters etc and groups. That way it can be maintained easily and updated on your comp. rather than poking it into the phone one letter at a time.:)
Well once I get it in my new phone can't I just sync with Gmail?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I found this to be the most stable way. Some people have had issues with contacts having VZW do it for them.

OP
M

Matth3w

How do I backup the contact list from my LG as a csv file?