Can not connect to my PC

sethm1

Reaction score
Have Windows 7 home Prem 64 Bit.

On the Nexus I have tried both MTP & FTP connection.
The PC does not see the phone.

Looked in the Device Mgr- no error (not even a hint that the phone is connected).

Any suggestions would be great!
Thx

DHO

Reaction score
Download samsung drivers, available via google search or samsung site

If you use a lock screen, unlock it (or at least on a MAC, if your phones locked you cannot transfer files).

OP
S

sethm1

Reaction score
Found & installed : USB driver for Nexus & PC\Verizon_Wireless_I515_Galaxy_Nexus_USB_Driver_v1.4.6.0.exe

Still nothing.

Is there maybe a setting on the phone to tell it when a usb cable is plugged in to either charge or function in a PC mode?

By the way - when I go to Settings/Storage and plug in the cable, for a split second I see a number of folders, but then disappears and all that is accessible is Internal storage. So it wants to work, but ....

Last edited:

DHO

Reaction score
By default you should have USB debugging and MTP on the phone enabled. IF you unchecked them, you will need to enable them in settings. (should have a drop down notification when you plug in USB, if you don't you have a bad cable/connection)

All you will see in the internal storage, via USB you cannot access the system partition.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
PTP / MTP are native in Windows 7, you do not need any drivers for the phone to show up in My Computer as a removable media source. Either your USB Port is fubar'd or your Phone is. I would test it on a different port/pc first, then shoot for the phone.

OP
S

sethm1

Reaction score
Resolved and I forgot how to read.
2 cables came with the phn - one is clearly marked for connecting to the PC.
The one I WAS using is for charging.