Can My Droid Do Bluetooth to Computer?

Agrajag

Reaction score
I just upgraded my PC and the new one has a Bluetooth feature. I got the PC to pair with the phone but now, at this point, I really have no idea what that's good for or how it would work.

Any input would be great....

cromo8

Reaction score
unfortunately it doesnt have DLna so you cant transfer files directly to your phone, but if you get wirelesss tethering it can be dont thru bluetooth

if you were looking to transfer files i reccomend dropbox app

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
I didn't really have a task in mind. I was more wondering what I'd really use it for--if anything. I am rooted for now and running 2.2.

cromo8

Reaction score
honestly i dont ever use it with my computer, i know you could do calls thru ur computer and stuff use the speakers but have never tried it

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I was able to transfer some songs from my pc to my droid via bluetooth.

simple connect and then drag and drop....

having trouble with it recently since i flashed CyanogenMod though, luckily it's not my main mp3 player

EbE404

Reaction score
+1 for Dropbox, but for what you are asking for, look for Bluetooth File Transfer in the Market.

Works like a charm.

Last edited:
OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
How is Dropbox an improvement over the default process? On first pass I wasn't clear on the benefits but I did just graze them as I'm still finishing work.

cromo8

Reaction score
drop box is one of the most awesome inventions ever

you drag and drop files from any computer then you can find them on your droid instantly and download them at direct download speeds

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
Ah, so no need to go USB cable, mount, etc? Just drag the APK (or whatever) to this and there it is on the phone?

EbE404

Reaction score
Ah, so no need to go USB cable, mount, etc? Just drag the APK (or whatever) to this and there it is on the phone?

Yes, pretty much. You will need a Dropbox account (it's free) and it really is one of the greatest things ever.

However, you will need an internet connection, as it is cloud-based. This is why I also like to have Bluetooth File Transfer incase I cant get 3G or WiFi that I can use (such as my cave of an office).

cromo8

Reaction score
yes super easy to use as well just drag and drop i have three computers, two at my work at one at home all my files can be transferred from computer to computer and to my droid as well

oh and upload from droid thats important as well

nateccnn

Reaction score
If you connect by BT you will be able to listen to music on your phone and/or make phone calls through your Droid. Anything else is hackable though. But those are the built in features.

Nate