can i use juice defender on the s3?

stitan06

Reaction score
hi been a member with my last phone commando just got two s3 one for me and one for wife luv the phone the girl that sold them to us told us not to use any battery tender type things i had juice defender on the commando and it worked good. can i put it on the s3? is it needed ?

WestOkid

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother. Since ICS and now Jelly Bean, Android is very efficient. It has been proven many times that task killers like Juice defender just introduces issues with little benefit. I used it on older phones like the TBOLT and Razr, it worked wonders, but once Razr updated to ICS it was a mess. It just didn't work smoothly and I could never figure out if it was juice defender or the phone. I didn't even bother for the S3. I would just turn on power saving and keep a spare $9 battery in your pocket just in case.

Howardmgm3

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother. Since ICS and now Jelly Bean, Android is very efficient. It has been proven many times that task killers like Juice defender just introduces issues with little benefit. I used it on older phones like the TBOLT and Razr, it worked wonders, but once Razr updated to ICS it was a mess. It just didn't work smoothly and I could never figure out if it was juice defender or the phone. I didn't even bother for the S3. I would just turn on power saving and keep a spare $9 battery in your pocket just in case.

I use juice defender and it has helped me a lot. With Jelly Bean and Juice Defender, I no longer need the power saving function on.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Never used it personally but I have a friend who swears by it on his S3...

No.Division

Reaction score
I enable Juice Defender when I walk into work. I get terrible reception in the building. Saves a ton of battery.

Sent from my Galaxy sIII using Droid Forums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah JD is actually pretty good for saving battery in poor reception areas, makes all the difference for me.

OP
stitan06

stitan06

Reaction score
i may have to download it again i liked it on my commando

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also was a big fan of Juice Defender, but didn't use it once I traded the Thunderbolt for the S3. I get very good battery on the S3 so it hasn't even been something I've thought about doing in recent months. I don't think it will hurt but not sure how effective it would be.