Can I delete from download folder...

nooter99

Reaction score
...but keep in gallery? Is there a way to delete items (jpegs for example) from the "download" folder on the sd card without deleting it from the gallery? My download folder has gotten a little unmanageable due to so many items, I'm new to smartphones, so if there's something obvious I'm missing, please explain.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Did you copy the files in question out of the download folder?

If so, then you can delete the item out of the folder....If not and you delete it, you will lose it.

Use Astro to move, cut, copy on your droid or mount to your PC and drag and drop...

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance when it comes to this matter, but are you saying that once I download the jpeg I need to make a copy of it in the gallery, then delete the original download? If so, here's another dumb question, how do I do that? Once I've downloaded it, it automatically shows up in the gallery, how do I make a second copy before deleting the downloaded version? I figured out how to long press the downloaded jpeg then hit "edit" "copy", but I can't figure out how to paste it into the gallery? If any of that makes sense.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I created a Media Folder, Then sub folders of Videos, Music, Ringtones, Notifications.

That is where *I* copy things to....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Use Astro as Black pointed out. It'll give you file explorer access (much like Windows) to your SD card (all the folders/directories on it). From there you can copy your pictures from 'download' to your gallery, or any folder you desire for that matter.

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
Use Astro as Black pointed out. It'll give you file explorer access (much like Windows) to your SD card (all the folders/directories on it). From there you can copy your pictures from 'download' to your gallery, or any folder you desire for that matter.

Call me stupid, but I still cant figure out how to paste the new copy in a new folder or into the gallery, Also, when I create the new copy, it's still in the download folder, so wouldnt the copy I placed in the foldr/gallery still get deleted when I delete the copy out of the download folder? Maybe some simple step by step instructions would help. Thanks in advance for helping out an idiot!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Call me stupid, but I still cant figure out how to paste the new copy in a new folder or into the gallery, Also, when I create the new copy, it's still in the download folder, so wouldnt the copy I placed in the foldr/gallery still get deleted when I delete the copy out of the download folder? Maybe some simple step by step instructions would help. Thanks in advance for helping out an idiot!
If you make a copy and paste it somewhere, deleting the original will not delete the copy.

Go into the 'download' folder, copy the file you've downloaded, and then navigate to the folder you want to paste the file into. Once selected, use the paste function to save the copy to that new location.