Deleting folders, files, and applications

bhall238

Reaction score
I have several questions about the subject so please bear with me. I was playing around with my wife's droid X this weekend and it made me wonder what Blockbuster has to do with Verizon and why Verizon has decided this app is essential to my mobile phone experience. I don't have it on my Droid I and don't think she downloaded this. Even if she did, is rooting the only way to deal with this situation? Even if she did, I wish there was a warning thread on this forum - "don't download this app unless you want to keep it forever" kind of thing.

I have run into memory issues with my Droid I and was wondering a similar thing; there are some apps that I want to delete. Google Goggles for one. I wish I had not downloaded it (although I may not have had a choice with recent OTAs, it might have been pushed, but I chose to download it at the time). Face book and Twitter too, I don't want these on my phone. Amazon MP3; it doesn't take up much memory, but I don't want it so why should I have it on my phone? I like the feature of Launcher Pro to hide these but I want them removed; is rooting the only option?

Some files or folders I am curious about: ASEC files in a folder named .android_secure (there's 37 MB in there and I have no idea what it's for). The folder .LOST.DIR. (a bunch of files with numbers for names). com.mgeek.android.DolphinBrowser.Broswer (I tried Dolphin but deleted it). And finally not so much for memory, but just to neaten things up...any folders that are empty (I assume mostly places for things I have downloaded and then deleted, but I would verify before I blindly started deleting things). Can these be safely deleted?

googlelover

Reaction score
Yeah, most of the apps you listed come preinstalled on the phones and can only be deleted by rooting your phone, .android_secure is the folder that holds all your apps that arent stored in your phones memory on your sd card, so DONT delete that unless you want to cause problems with android. as for the rest im not sure

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's going to happen because I've never seen one for the Mac but I'd like to see an app to clean up junk files. Now the reason I say it won't happen is because Mac is based on linux and they simply don't have anything like that. Something like CC cleaner for windows is what I'm talking about.

googlelover

Reaction score
I don't think it's going to happen because I've never seen one for the Mac but I'd like to see an app to clean up junk files. Now the reason I say it won't happen is because Mac is based on linux and they simply don't have anything like that. Something like CC cleaner for windows is what I'm talking about.

hes not asking for an app to do it for him, hes asking if what he wants to delete is okay to delete without messing up his phone... what were you reading?? haha