Can I customize the Incredible2 messaging UI?

VinceLJr

Reaction score
Hello Forum,

I just got my Incredible 2 today, and I do not have any problems with it yet. I do however absolutely hate the UI for the messaging system. The white background and the correspondents number in parenthesis next to their name ( Ex. John Doe (M 2221113333): ) is just ugly. Is there a way to customize the messages, as in to completely revamp the color scheme and/or at least get rid of the other person’s number after their name? As it is right now, it's the phones only downfall for me. I text a lot, and this just hurts my eyes.

Thanks!
Vince L.

OP
V

VinceLJr

Reaction score
There is no way to edit the message screen or UI?

nikecar

Reaction score
should have posted in the Incredible2 forum, not under "Droid 2 accessories" like you did. I don't believe you can, but many people will tell you to get something else, like Handcent.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes you can get a third party messaging program in the market - Go Sms, Handcent or Chomp. Just remember to disable notifications in original messaging program if you are using a third party one. I like Go Sms the best.

pointyhairedboss

Reaction score
Another vote for GoSMS. Easy to use, and works so much better than the stock messenger.

Sent from my Inc 2