camera not that great...

newtodroidx

Reaction score
I don't know if I am doing something wrong when I take pictures but all of them seem to be turning out horribly. No matter what setting I have it turned to, flash on or off. They just seem so dark and blurry. My RAZR Maxx took much better pictures. Maybe someone can tell me if I am doing something wrong.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
The camera KILLS anything Moto ever put out; but it doesn't (IMHO) live up to the hype that everything I read before it came out led me to believe. Maybe it's because I had not long before purchased a WX150 - Sony point and shoot. I know it's a dedicated camera with a zoom lens and I guess that's what my eyes have been used to. With that said, I'm happy with my S4 for the pictures and convenience of a phone camera. Future firm/software updates will help, I'm sure. (and at least we'll probably be getting more timely updates with this phone).

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just asking cause curious, has anyone who used the SIII and S4 Camera noticed any difference?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
A couple of things...

First, for some reason, every time you click on the preview icon and the S4 opens the gallery, it dims the screen - not sure why. That could be contributing to it looking dark? (unless you've looked elsewhere, obviously!)

Second, make sure you took the clear plastic cover off the lens - I didn't even know it was there until about 3 days in.

@Shadez - I've had both and found the S4 to be noticeably better, in all scenarios.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Thanks JN, appreciate the reply...

A couple of things...

First, for some reason, every time you click on the preview icon and the S4 opens the gallery, it dims the screen - not sure why. That could be contributing to it looking dark? (unless you've looked elsewhere, obviously!)

Second, make sure you took the clear plastic cover off the lens - I didn't even know it was there until about 3 days in.

@Shadez - I've had both and found the S4 to be noticeably better, in all scenarios.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
And that's not to say the S3 is bad by any means either. But Samsung did a good job with the software, taking pretty good advantage of the extra megapixels.

--
Sent from my S4

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
@jntdroid ..Is it possible the gallery screen dim associate with power saving being on? Just a throw...

Tankwylde

Reaction score
My picture camera works great. However my video camera may have a bug. After recording I push stop and it freezes. I have to hit the home button and go back into the app to shoot another video. Any suggestions?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
@jntdroid ..Is it possible the gallery screen dim associate with power saving being on? Just a throw...

I thought that at first, since the browser does that as well - but I don't have it enabled. I've seen elsewhere that Samsung just does that... I know when you open the camera, the screen brightness goes to full, so maybe it's just set to automatically "re-adjust" when you click the gallery icon from the camera? Who knows...

OP
N

newtodroidx

Reaction score
The camera takes excellent pictures when I am outside but indoors it is horrible everything is dark no matter what setting it is on.... Very frustrating. I will try some of the suggestions hopefully something will work... I did remove the clear plastic on the camera lens so it can't be that...