S4 camera quality

chris79

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the Rezound and the picture quality is like night and day. The Rezound takes the best pictures of any camera that I have ever used. The S4 seems to take pictures darker as if it captures the pictures as the flash has gone instead of when the flash happens. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any reviews of the S4 camera that would agree. It doesn't do a great job in dark settings, with flash but can be adjusted somewhat. Knowing this has been an issue I need to ask if you removed the barely visible plastic cover from the lens?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The s4 doesn't seem too do too great in dark environment. You can always try 3rd party camera apps, that may help. Unfortunately, I can't recommend a good one as I always stick with the stock camera. This camera blows away what my Nexus used to be, and it's more than good enough for me, even in the dark.

As for the small piece of plastic leeshor mention, you should be able to see it at the right angle, it shouldn't effect your pictures at all though as there's a cutout right where the lens is.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Mine was a solid disk of plastic with a small tab on the edge.
Hmmm, guess they changed the protective packaging.

Mine covered the whole black area around the lens and had a cutout right where the lens was. It was quite difficult to take off actually. I would've kept it on to protect more, but it was getting dirty and I couldn't stand it.

ideasmarts

Reaction score
it shouldn't effect your pictures at all though as there's a cutout right where the lens is.
23.gif