Camera is not so great

GVLBob

Reaction score
And that was something I really didn't look into. But in the end it doesn't really matter. Galaxy S4

My point is that your experience is quite different than most people (including reviewers) and therefore is not generic to the S4. It could be something you are doing wrong or a problem with your specific phone.

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
Can you guys suggest some settings? She is stuck with the phone so I need to try and teach her something.. :)

GVLBob

Reaction score
Can you guys suggest some settings? She is stuck with the phone so I need to try and teach her something.. :)

1. If using the stock Camera app, make sure to wait for the auto focus to complete its focusing, as indicated by the green square, or
2. Use Camera ZOOM FX and set the focus mode to "infinity". You might give up a bit in sharpness, but that might provide an overall better experience.

You can try enabling Anti-Shake in the stock Camera app to see if that helps.

The picture below was taken using the stock Camera app using available light. Please let me know if this quality is similar to what you see for indoor available light pictures. Sorry for the rotated picture.

View attachment 64386

Last edited:
OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
I'll try and take some shots tonight.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Was just mess'n with the camera earlier, I have no complaints! With that said, I just came from a Bionic, so the bar was pretty low :cool:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Last edited: