Camera needed!

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Hello all! Used to have a tbolt before we switched to T-Mobile and now I have a LG g2x and HATE the camera...I miss my tbolt camera :-( with two young kids I need the fast shot and this phone is AWFUL. Anyone know of something I can do to "put" my tbolt camera on this one? Thanks!

Sent from my rooted CM7 rom-ed LG G2X using Tapatalk

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello all! Used to have a tbolt before we switched to T-Mobile and now I have a LG g2x and HATE the camera...I miss my tbolt camera :-( with two young kids I need the fast shot and this phone is AWFUL. Anyone know of something I can do to "put" my tbolt camera on this one? Thanks!

Have you tried any of the replacement camera apps in the Market. Some of them are truly spectacular: Camera FX, Pro Camera 5X Zoom, Vignette. Try a number of them as they all seem to produce very different images on my phone. I finally settled on the Pro Camera app. Of course no app is going to overcome hardware issues so good luck.

To answer your question about the Tbolt camera app; it most likely could be done as my Bionic now has the Atrix camera app in it and wow is it better than the Bionic camera! I know with some system apps it can be done by using Root Explorer: 1) navigate to System/App/ setting to R/W, 2) renaming the camera.apk to camera.apk.bak and putting the new camera.apk in the same system folder, 3) setting it's permissions and then rebooting.

Good luck.

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Camera fx seems pretty good I wazgoing to pay for the pro 5x zoom but kept reading bad reviews what has been your experience?

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
In regards to moving the camera file...would I copy it and put it on my card and then put it on here?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The apk probably wouldn't work from the tbolt to the g2x, but if you were to try it, first go to /system/app/camera/long press the app/rename/change extension from apk to bak and then just move the camera.apk to your /system/app folder/change permissions to rw/r/r and reboot.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Camera fx seems pretty good I wazgoing to pay for the pro 5x zoom but kept reading bad reviews what has been your experience?

I've had good luck with it so far. I've used it in the past on my original Droid and now on my Bionic. It's always worked for me.

I know on the boards I'm seeing more and more people recommend the Camera FX app. It would be worth a look too.

Good luck.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
To answer your question about the Tbolt camera app; it most likely could be done as my Bionic now has the Atrix camera app in it and wow is it better than the Bionic camera! I know with some system apps it can be done by using Root Explorer: 1) navigate to System/App/ setting to R/W, 2) renaming the camera.apk to camera.apk.bak and putting the new camera.apk in the same system folder, 3) setting it's permissions and then rebooting.

Good luck.

But there you're talking about two Motorola products; they're virtually the same phone. I don't see any way you can take what is essentially a Sense app and just throw it on an LG phone and expect it to work.

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Ill just wave my magic wand! Doesn't that work!? I wasnt going to try....a bit too intricate for my lack of experience.