Question about activating phones.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I have both a DX and a Tbolt. I want the ability to switch back and forth between the two. I understand that the sim card will be deactivated if I don't switch back to the tbolt within 90 days. That's not a problem since I won't be off it that long.

I was wondering if it would affect my pricing plan at all. I pay $9.99 for unlimited data from a past promotion. I asked a trusted source and he said no. Calling customer service told me the same thing. I would like to know any experiences you all may have.

Thanks

Sent from mah TBolt using teh Tapatalk.

Reaction score
Jealous about that 9.99 unlimited.
But from what I've experience, I've activated an EnV Touch before and was charged a data fee when I wasn't supposed to be. All it took was a single call to correct, and as long as you have customer service on your side there shouldn't be anything to worry about. I would just be prepared to at least make one call

MrKleen

Reaction score
Go for it. The only problem is the pain of the back and forth activating process.

Or here is an idea that could keep you on the Bolt. I loaded Kejars "Tesla Coil" Rom which was pretty much a stock Rom without Sense. The best part was the Thunderbolt ran that Rom better than the X ever could.

That would eliminate the need to run the X at all.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for you help guys. Anyone else have experience?

jseah

Reaction score
I don't know how the switch from the TB to the X would work (with the new sim cards and all), but the switch from the X to the TB would not affect the data at all. You are switching phones, but not switching data plans, so the $20 data discount would not drop off. I have 5 lines, all with the $20 data discount. Two lines had Droids (Droid 1 and Droid 2 Global) and when they switched to the TB, the discount stayed since the data plan did not change. For my three remaining lines, the discount did drop off since one line went from a feature phone to a Droid 1 and the other two went from BB's to Droid Incredibles. Since the discount is no longer offered, I had to call into the marketing department (the dept that originally offered the discount) and have them submit requests to add back the expired promotion.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. I may just have to try it out and see for myself.

joh2141

Reaction score
I work at a Verizon store. Tb needs a new SIM card each time you activate a phone. You won't be able to switch back and forth. Stores usually give u a SIM card per activation but I don't think you can get one for free.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

thelion

Reaction score
So I have both a DX and a Tbolt. I want the ability to switch back and forth between the two. I understand that the sim card will be deactivated if I don't switch back to the tbolt within 90 days. That's not a problem since I won't be off it that long.

I was wondering if it would affect my pricing plan at all. I pay $9.99 for unlimited data from a past promotion. I asked a trusted source and he said no. Calling customer service told me the same thing. I would like to know any experiences you all may have.

Thanks

Sent from mah TBolt using teh Tapatalk.

I have the same promotion (or at least the same price point). I have switched phones a few times and made some radical changes to my plans since adding it and never once lost the promo. But I check everytime, and I keep receipts that show it on the account after the change. It is a stellar deal and there is NO WAY I am losing it.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Dang, on the website, it said it would deactivate after 90 days.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I work at a Verizon store. Tb needs a new SIM card each time you activate a phone. You won't be able to switch back and forth. Stores usually give u a SIM card per activation but I don't think you can get one for free.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
Guess I'll just have to find another 4g phone to rotate back and forth to/from...lol