Thoughts on the LG G2X? (T-Mo Dual-Core "4G")

OP
I

Irishdoom

Reaction score
Just for more clarity, it's a dual core phone that will also be running STOCK ANDROID. :) It's basically the LG Optimus 2X with some tweaks (one being going to stock Android.)

LG Optimus 2X review -- Engadget

QbFree98

Reaction score
Looks like you can go unlocked and get it for either GSM carrier. Might be worth checking out since verizon doesn't have the best coverage in my rural area.

OP
I

Irishdoom

Reaction score
Yeah, the quad-band radio covers both T-Mo and AT&T, so it seems to be a bit "future proof" as well. I hope to pick one up on Friday. :)

QbFree98

Reaction score
I think I'll put my hands on one when they're in the store and see how it feels/acts. I've owned 2 LG phones in the past...both non-smart..but they were ROCK solid as far as reliability. I even dropped one in the toilet and it still worked! Now that's a phone!

Be sure to post up when you actually get your hands on it. I'll be waiting for an honest review...

OP
I

Irishdoom

Reaction score
I'm about 95% sure I'll pick one up on Friday, if I can, unless something else gets released that I can't pass up. :)

Anyone know how soon Amazon wireless gets phones when they become available? Is there a lag, or right away? I'll be getting the wife a MyTouch 4G as well, and it's cheaper on Amazon.

QbFree98

Reaction score
Did you pick up the LG?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
I

Irishdoom

Reaction score
No, I did not. Tuesday I was up late, and decided to check the T-Mo site just before bed, just in case there was some kind of pre-order or early release, and they had a 3-hour only special where you could get the Galaxy S 4G for free with contract. (Free free, no "rebate" card crap, just free!) Coincidentally, they were also offering the phone I was considering for the wife (the MyTouch 4G) for absolutely free as well. I couldn't think of a better way to start out my smartphone journey than TWO free handsets. So I pulled the trigger.

I'm keeping my options open, and will take a look at the G2X when it hits the stores. I have a little time to swap if I want to pony up the extra cash, but to be honest the GS4G seems pretty nice so far. I've also heard whispers that it may be getting GB sometime this month!