Camera Loop APP?

Cruzincat1

Reaction score
I just made a hole in my car dock for the camera and it works fine. Even the movie option works. I can let it run for about 5 minutes without using a whole lot of SD memory.

Does anybody have an app that would allow me to let it run constantly and save only the last 5, 10 or whatever minutes? Once the "buffer" fills up it dumps the old video.

Imagine the accidents or whatever you could upload to You Tube that you have seen in your travels outside your windshield as you drive. Just push one button and save the last 1,2,3 or whatever minutes you set it for.

You could save yourself a big headache if you have an accident and can prove it was the other guys fault.

lvnvmatt

Reaction score
A camera hole in the dock, i never thought about doing that. Must be cool using the app "layers". did you just use a drill? can you upload a pic of it?

As to your question, I don't know of any app that just keeps the last five minutes or so on the SD card. You might try using the app "Qik" and in settings set it not to save anything on the SD card but only on their website.

OP
C

Cruzincat1

Reaction score
Just used a small drill and moved it around to cut the edges as needed, through trial and error. Actuall, I believe you could just cut off the corner and the phone would still be secure.

Could not find an app called "layers" and QIK would be counter to what I would want. Just want the video to be saved on the phone for later download to PC or deletion. Why would I want a record of an accident I might cause uploaded to the web somewhere?

Last edited:

lvnvmatt

Reaction score
Sorry I misspelled the app name, its " Layar "

And as for qik, I think you can download the videos you upload. If your at fault in a recorded accident, delete it.

Thanks again for the idea of using the camera with the dock.

th9203

Reaction score
If you are really curious, run a search in here for Dash Cam or variations of it. THere have been a couple of threads with photos of the Car Dock mods and video taken while mounted and running. There was also mention of an app that maintained a circular buffer of the video for saving the last nnn minutes of video. Good luck. :motdroidhoriz:

OP
C

Cruzincat1

Reaction score
No luck on searching so far. If anyone finds any such app, please post here.

I have been wanting a dash cam arrangement for a long time now since the dash cam videos from Police cars started appearing. I always thought it would be extremely expensive to set somthing up. Now the technology is right at my fingertips, but I don't have the savvy to make it do what I want to do.

I think I am just one of many who would like this app, so I really believe that the first app that comes out will make someone a good bit of money.

OP
C

Cruzincat1

Reaction score
Tried it for a few hours today. Worked great ..EXCEPT for the fact that if I had the video recording on when a call came in or I made a call. when it went back to the app, the buttons were missing and I could not do anything until it FC'd, after which I could not access the camera, until I cycled power. If I turn off video and make the call, no problem.

When the video recording function reaches the point when it stopped recording one file and started the next, it gives out an annoting "doink doink" sound. Could not find an option to turn that off.

Hopefully the bug will fixed soon. Other than that I like it.