Camera issue continues.....

R1Lover

Reaction score
Ya, I'm not too worried about it, I only use it for impromptu pics... I have a D200 for good pics. :)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well mine does that, but while its doing it makes a motorized sound like its sorta "zooming" in on the subject.

It takes a while to focus, but most of the time I do get greens and able to scan bar codes. BUT when it doesn't want to focus I could sit there for 2-3 minutes trying to scan a bar code.

Not sure if mine is faulty or what...

Stigy, that's what mine does too. I just chalk it up to being an advanced feature on an advanced phone-- Its not perfect, but it works. I think ours is as good as it gets.

kingmiller1982

Reaction score
What's up everyone, loving my new phone, but yea I am having the same issue with the focusing using the bar scanner, Now maybe I am wrong but whenever I use Shop Savvy it tries to focus for like 2-3 min and Boom!! Finally it focus and scans, now I downloaded, 'Barcode Scanner" and within 5-10 seconds it focus and gives me information. Now maybe it could be the Shop Savvy software isn't calibrated for the Droid or maybe it's just the phone, but for me Barcode Scanner Scans right away without a problem, only problem with Barcode Scanner for me is t doesn't tell yo who has the product locally... Try it out.

Stigy

Reaction score
Yea I also noticed that my pictures taken inside are extremely grainy but the ones outside seem to be fine.

I'm gonna go with software problem until I test with my brothers Droid.

Trip

Reaction score
I finally got a (mostly) good phone, it took me taking back 3, but I'm happy with this one.

First 2 had the camera focus bug, I told the guys at Verizon that I really needed to be able to scan barcodes with this phone and they swapped it out...twice, third phone the camera worked great, but it kept rebooting every time I turned around, so I took it back too. Fourth phone is stable, and the camera focuses great, only problem is the camera button on the side of the phone doesn't work right (doh!), it wont start the camera app, and if I start it with a shortcut the button will half push to focus the camera but when I push it down to take the picture, nothing happens. BUT there is that little circle thing on the screen that will take the picture, so at this point I'm going to stick with this one for a while. lol :icon_eek:

Zippster

Reaction score
I finally got a (mostly) good phone, it took me taking back 3, but I'm happy with this one.

First 2 had the camera focus bug, I told the guys at Verizon that I really needed to be able to scan barcodes with this phone and they swapped it out...twice, third phone the camera worked great, but it kept rebooting every time I turned around, so I took it back too. Fourth phone is stable, and the camera focuses great, only problem is the camera button on the side of the phone doesn't work right (doh!), it wont start the camera app, and if I start it with a shortcut the button will half push to focus the camera but when I push it down to take the picture, nothing happens. BUT there is that little circle thing on the screen that will take the picture, so at this point I'm going to stick with this one for a while. lol :icon_eek:

So thats the best of the worst? lol

Makes me nervous about my return, but still going to give it a shot.

Stigy

Reaction score
I will give it a few more days before I make a decision.

I barely use the camera, but I was excited to finally have a decent camera on a phone (5MP) with the two LED flash.

Zippster

Reaction score
I will give it a few more days before I make a decision.

I barely use the camera, but I was excited to finally have a decent camera on a phone (5MP) with the two LED flash.

With all the scanning apps though, the camera is pretty important. Including ability to scan the QR to get apps from some pages.

Stigy

Reaction score
Scanning QR codes works absolutely fine on my phone.

Its 1D barcode scanning and pictures that are iffy...