Camera is on Automatic

N8tvtexan75

Reaction score
I power on my phone, set it down and then the camera goes into psycho mode. It will basically open and start taking pictures. I am not hitting the camera button, AND i even set it to single shot mode. However, I litterally have to pull the battery out to get the camera to shutt off. The whole thing repeats when I turn it back on.....Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Scorpio975

Reaction score
Camera application automatically opening

I just now have had a similar experience with my Droid 1. It did not take any pictures, but the camera application kept openning when my fingers were nowhere near the camera button. Powering it off and back on again didn't do anything either. It was very annoying since every time I wanted to open a particular app the camera would come on by itself and when I backed out of it the app I wanted to use was also closed. If this is a persistent problem it could rend the phone almost useless. I did, however, end up getting it to work - or at least I think I avoided the camera from opening. I think, for some reason, when my fingers were near the touch screen buttons by the microphone/receiver it would open the camera. When I tried keeping my fingers away from them, the camera stopped opening. It's like the buttons are not only ultra sesitive, but obviously not funtioning correctly. You my want to see if that helps. I've only just tested this moments ago, but it seems to work.

droidx_indc

Reaction score
I have same issue on my Verizon droid x. Camera auto takes pictures and will not stop. Pulling out the battery does not work. I upgraded to Android 2.3.3 and problem still exists. Help!

Jillbultema

Reaction score
I too have the same issue, it's driving me nuts! I hope someone has a solution! My baby got his hands on my phone today and put it in his mouth. A few hours later I started having problems with the camera turning on and taking pictures even when the phone is not being touched. I'm wondering if some drool maybe got in the button and is causing the problem. I'm not sure...

droidx_indc

Reaction score
download "nocam" app from the droid market

Its 99 cents but it stops the camera from taking nonstop pictures. Its only a temporary fix. As the phone still tries to open the camera but the app stops it. So strange...