Camera issues

arrndroid

Reaction score
Anything camera/camercorder related is not functional as of this morning. I have tried rebooting and a battery pull with no luck. I cannot open the camera half the time with the hardware button, it just vibrates and stays the same and the on screen goes black and crashes. My LED flashlight toggle will not; toggle... I have not installed any apps.. What the heck is going on? I am rooted on froyo overclocked to 1.26 with quickclock.
Any help is appreciated thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Zog

Reaction score
Very odd. If a factory reset does not solve it, sbf.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
A

arrndroid

Reaction score
I was really hoping I wouldn't have to :/
so wipe cache then data and recover to my backup? If fails SBF... sigh..

wildbill86

Reaction score
Have you tried simply resetting the cpu to factory speeds and voltage? Just curious, I had a lot of similar trouble trying to overclock my phone.

Sent from my rooted D2G

OP
A

arrndroid

Reaction score
I just reset my cpu and voltage and rebooted. Nothing.

OP
A

arrndroid

Reaction score
Loaded up bootloader to find my original backup malfunctioning.(MD5 error?) Made a new backup, wiped, no dice. Returned to this backup.
When you press the app the screen goes black. The camera doesn't make any noise. It's hard to return to homescreen.

Time to SBF? Not a newbie to it, I have succesfully done it to an original droid. Although I really do not enjoy the process.
Any suggestions here guys? It did have a light drop recently, although I cannot recall if I used the camera. Besides it was off my bed, didn't even leave an indication of the short flight.

OP
A

arrndroid

Reaction score
Update:
Here are a list of things I have done. Got a few more before I call camera hardware issue.

Reboot
Battery pull
Recovery
Factory wipe via bootstrapper
Wipe cache
Wiped camera data specifically from app
Unroot
Unmounted sd card
Formatted sd card
Removed sd card
SBF

And now I am back to my backup before I started troubleshooting.

Only thing left i'm going to try is a different sd card.

What are your guys thoughts on this? Do I have any other options? I realised today my sd card is a class 2, don't I need a class 4?

Last edited:
OP
A

arrndroid

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions? I went to verizon and because it is older than 30 days, referbished, and received from a 3rd party. They can't do anything to help. If I got the parts will my droid accept them? (Had this problem with PS3s before, componates were married)
I'm going to look for another droid with a mashed screen or something along those lines.

Sent from my DROID2

OP
A

arrndroid

Reaction score
IT FRIGGEN WORKS! I have no idea how or why it has started working but I will take it!

Sent From My Liberated DROID2

tbradp

Reaction score
Have a thunderbolt and neither camera will work. When you open the app the camera icon comes up on screen for a sec then it goes back to home screen. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums