Camera doesn't work anymore

flipster

Reaction score
After the froyo update, everything got messed up. Ive never rooted or did any of that. As of now, the camera doesnt work. It randomly stops and wont open. the camcordwer doesnt work either. the only way to fix this is to shut the phone off and on again which is really inconvient consierding it takes about two mintues for the phone to start up. can someone help me

madroid1

Reaction score
After the froyo update, everything got messed up. Ive never rooted or did any of that. As of now, the camera doesnt work. It randomly stops and wont open. the camcordwer doesnt work either. the only way to fix this is to shut the phone off and on again which is really inconvient consierding it takes about two mintues for the phone to start up. can someone help me

try clearing the app cache. settings>applications>manage applications>all>camera>clear data & cache

OP
F

flipster

Reaction score

try clearing the app cache. settings>applications>manage applications>all>camera>clear data & cache

There was no face so I cleared the data. It did nothing. I can duplicate the problem by takig about four pictures and deleting them as I take them. The only why to fix it is to shut off and turn the phone back on

bald

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I can't even take a picture. half the time it just closes straight to the homescreen. half the time I can see the app load, then revert back to the home screen

-reboot doesnt fix
-battery pull doesn't fix
- clearing camera app cache doesnt fix

Incidentally, a barcode scanner downloaded (after I already had the problem) to test out the camera works fine. Something definitely happened to the software - corrupt OTA install?

OP
F

flipster

Reaction score
That's exactly what mine is doing. I also noticed that when I scroll now it seems to be off or slow. I waited so long foe this update and for what, for it to ruin my phone. T also lags when I type now.

liferefugee

Reaction score
Warrenty coverage time is my suggestion if you were stock. Any of the other fixes would void the warrenty if messed up if the issue is a corrupt ota install.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

KillerVamp

Reaction score
To fix the camera issue, boot into the recovery and wipe the cache.
This worked for me after my camera wouldn't open.