Camera Button Wake Up Phone?

gregsww

Reaction score
I have a Moto Android, when it sleeps, if I hit the silver camera button on the lower right, it wakes up... Great, it makes it easier.
But, I switched phones because my screen craked. We had an extra one when a family member bought an IPhone. But this phone does not wake up when I push this button. Same phone, same software, same OS. Why the difference?
Being disabled, this button is easier to hit.
Thanks

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Please try to be a little more specific: which "Moto Android" phone do you have (Droid, Droid 2, X, etc...), was the old phone rooted and did someone remap the buttons prior to/for you? Certain ROMs have that as an option. Let us know, I'm sure we can get you setup the way you need it. Worse case is if the two phones are the same you can switch the screens and put the good one on the chassis you want.

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
G

gregsww

Reaction score
Camera Button

I think it was just called the Moto Droid, I know it's not the Droid2.
Both phones were bought together 2 for 1. Nothing was done to either software, rooted, etc. Might be a couple different free games from the Market.
I looked at the updates, everything is the same.
Model Number: Droid
Android Ver: 2.2.3
Build Number: FRK76

Thanks
G.

VoiceGuy

Reaction score
Are you using Widget Locker? It has the ability to do that. If you were, maybe it was set up that way before and it's just a matter of adjusting the settings.