hanging up the phone?

stanwelks

Reaction score
When I'm leaving a message, after a a little bit the screen goes to sleep and I am unable to hang up. What is the best way to hang up at that point? I had to slide the keyboard back out, wake it up and then press the hang up button. Is there a hard button way to do this?

Thanks.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The proximity sensor on the phone should 'wake up' the screen when you pull the phone away from your face. Make sure your fingers aren't blocking it either :)

it's in the upper left hand corner of the phone.

jamsesh

Reaction score
Huge discussions on this topic here (search it) and on the motorola support site.

long story short: It might be a problem with the phones proximity sensor, which is designed to turn the screen off during a call if it is up against the side of you head. This prevents accidental button presses. If you're sure its a problem with the phone (not your finger/dust/etc covering the sensor, not an app, etc) go back to the store and exchange it. Verizon has been happy to help people out who have the defective proximity sensor.

LordKastle

Reaction score
When the phone is on speaker, the screen stays on. We need to create an app that emulates that action to keep it on.

ch0sen0ne

Reaction score
when my speaker is on the screen turns off after 30 seconds. how do i make it stay on?

superglen99

Reaction score
and press the lock/unlock key on the top right side to light up the screen if it goes off during a call, that will wake it back up

noles200

Reaction score
When the phone is on speaker, the screen stays on. We need to create an app that emulates that action to keep it on.

My phone does not stay on when using speaker. I have it set to go off after 30 seconds, so if I have it sitting on my desk it goes off and the only way to hang up (if the other party doesn't hang up first) is to press the unlock/power button on top of phone slide the phone open and hit end. A bit of an annoyance.

My fix was to download screebl so now the phone will stay on if it's in an upright position (I have mine set to 15 degrees). I just prop it up a bit and no issues at all. Same in the car. Just leave it in the car dock and it stays on.

Starsushi

Reaction score
I use a free app called, "screen stay". It has a couple of options which are easy to toggle through.