Disable screen turning on with keyboard slide?

Rento

Reaction score
The screen turning on annoys me when the keyboard slides open... Especially when i'm at a club or something, it slides open just a hair and turns on in my pocket and hits the emergency button... Luckily it has never phantom dialed 911 or something.

Is there a way to disable the screen on with the slide open? I'd prefer that the only way to wake my phone up is the power button.

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
*sigh* I think i'ma just glue my phone shut.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Yeah I had the same problem. Was at a metal concert in D-town Friday in the pit and I guess the phone slid open and since my legs/pants were all hot and sweaty it sat there in my pocket locking me out of the screen because of too many attempts lol. It'd be better if you had to slide it open and hit a button, any button, but that'd only solve half the problem. You still have a hardware power button that while slightly depressed/flush, can still be pushed in by accident and then you're right back where you started.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The screen turning on annoys me when the keyboard slides open... Especially when i'm at a club or something, it slides open just a hair and turns on in my pocket and hits the emergency button... Luckily it has never phantom dialed 911 or something.

Is there a way to disable the screen on with the slide open? I'd prefer that the only way to wake my phone up is the power button.

Absolutely! Download myLock (free in the Market) and one of the settings disables the open keyboard to unlock function.

:yahoo:

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
Hmm I tried it... doesn't seem to work for me?

Last edited:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
THANK YOU... Rescue Squad:hail:

No problem, that's what we're all here for - to help each other out. And I don't mean just the Rescue Squad, I mean every single member here. Post a question and watch everyone jump in to try to help you out. That's the real beauty of this place... we all learn something new every day! :i-m_so_happy:

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
I tried to use it and it didn't work...

xliderider

Reaction score
Droidforum's newest supporting vendor Carbon Case will be selling a carbon fiber case that disables the slideout keyboard. The hole in the case for the power/standby button will also make it a bit harder to inadverdantly press the button.

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
I really like my Seidio case tho... Minus the face plate poppin off. Don't really wanna have to buy something to fix this "issue"

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried to use it and it didn't work...

OK, when you go into the app, (you know you have to set it up, right?), I have check marks in Enabled and then the next three boxes but not the last one. Try that and see if it doesn't solve your problem. :D

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Droidforum's newest supporting vendor Carbon Case will be selling a carbon fiber case that disables the slideout keyboard. The hole in the case for the power/standby button will also make it a bit harder to inadverdantly press the button.

Regardless of how much you use it, why in the hell would you want to voluntarily eliminate an input option? I hope you're not referring to the carbon fiber cases they discussed on another thread. I don't know what scared me more; how terrible it looked or that someone actually paid for it.

DocFats

Reaction score
Mylock doesn't do it!!!

Mylock doesn't really stop the slide out keyboard from waking up your phone. That is what I am looking for as well. I want the slide out keyboard to have 'ZERO' effect on my phone unless I am already in an app that I may need to use it. It turns on in my pocket constantly and it dsrains my battery even for the short period that it is on. I am always locked out because I supposedly tried too many patterns, and I am worried that just by chance, it might dial an emergency number on accident. I want the slide out keyboard disabled entirely while the phone is in lock mode. Any Suggestions?

turdbogls

Reaction score
Mylock isn't working for me either. but i am in the same boat as you are. I have done a couple random calls to contacts since i bought my phone(2 months ago)

i am wondering if this is something a custom rom could fix. or even a terminal mod or something. i have not a clue about using terminal and what it can do but maybe it can get rid of a line of code or something to disable this. i would love to get rid of it.