Camera and home dock on 1.9.5

brockeverly

Reaction score
Sorry for the new thread, but this will get lost amongst all the install questions in the 1.9.5 thread.

Has anyone had a problem snapping pics in 1.9.5? I have had over 5 occasions now where I have snapped 10+ pics and not a single one will load, just shows black. The camera focuses and snaps just like it should, but in is not able to load in both the preview and in the gallery.

Also, I have noticed my sleep patterns have changed since 1.9.5, and last night it finally clicked. I use my phone as an alarm clock, and at some point every night it leaves the dock mode and back to the normal home screen which is much brighter. It wakes me up, so I hit home again and it goes back to the home dock screen. Happens like clockwork every single night at some point before 4am.

Reaction score
Sorry for the new thread, but this will get lost amongst all the install questions in the 1.9.5 thread.

Has anyone had a problem snapping pics in 1.9.5? I have had over 5 occasions now where I have snapped 10+ pics and not a single one will load, just shows black. The camera focuses and snaps just like it should, but in is not able to load in both the preview and in the gallery.

Also, I have noticed my sleep patterns have changed since 1.9.5, and last night it finally clicked. I use my phone as an alarm clock, and at some point every night it leaves the dock mode and back to the normal home screen which is much brighter. It wakes me up, so I hit home again and it goes back to the home dock screen. Happens like clockwork every single night at some point before 4am.

regarding the camera issue, if you try other camera apps from the market do you experience the same issues?

i have noticed my DX does do weird stuff in the dock at night.

it's turn completely off on me, sometimes rebooting into CWM when i turn it back on. I thought that was just a dead battery because the charger got unplugged.

mostly though it just exits dock mode and loads the home screen while going to full brightness which is awesome at 4am.

I recently installed Liberty (just until rubiX 1.97 comes out!) and had the same issue last night, so i don't believe its rubiX specifically.
initially i thought it was my titanium backup causing it but I have turned that off and it still happens. sometimes titanium needs to close an app to back it up.

i'm using Alarm Clock Plus V2 btw which is a great replacement. my issues happens with the the stock version too though.

the difficult part is that around 4am i'm not exactly the most coherent to start trying to trouble shoot what happened. usually i just see bright and smack the phone until it stops...

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
its an issue with the aosp desk clock app.. i'll be working on trying to better port it to match the dx.

the camera issue usually implies you're on 2.3.15 and not 2.3.340.. did you take the 2.3.340 ota?

OP
B

brockeverly

Reaction score
its an issue with the aosp desk clock app.. i'll be working on trying to better port it to match the dx.

the camera issue usually implies you're on 2.3.15 and not 2.3.340.. did you take the 2.3.340 ota?

I did take the .340 ota

Last edited:
OP
B

brockeverly

Reaction score
Just did it again and went into constant FC in the video camera.

Unrelated to the ROM, now no longer receiving any email only the notifications via the Gmail app. Happening on my DX, Droid 2 Global, and Droid Pro. Seems that it worked fine prior to its last update, so if you haven't, don't update it.

Reaction score
Just did it again and went into constant FC in the video camera.

Unrelated to the ROM, now no longer receiving any email only the notifications via the Gmail app. Happening on my DX, Droid 2 Global, and Droid Pro. Seems that it worked fine prior to its last update, so if you haven't, don't update it.

I'm running .340 and have been for a while. no issues at all.

I support about 12 Android devices including all the above mentioned and few more. We have had nothing but success with .340, in fact many of the improvements were centered around email, specifically exchange.

I really would try a wipe and see if things improve.

OP
B

brockeverly

Reaction score
I have wiped it and the problem is still there. It is so hit or miss that it is hard to figure out what is causing it. My phone has been generally acting strange and getting slow the last few days (I flashed 1.9.5 the day it came out and ran awesome up until now, so I am very happy with Rubix) so I am chomping at the bit for 1.9.7 to launch so I can do the wipe again without having too again when it launches.

Reaction score
I have wiped it and the problem is still there. It is so hit or miss that it is hard to figure out what is causing it. My phone has been generally acting strange and getting slow the last few days (I flashed 1.9.5 the day it came out and ran awesome up until now, so I am very happy with Rubix) so I am chomping at the bit for 1.9.7 to launch so I can do the wipe again without having too again when it launches.

drod said "Focused 1.9.7 and blurry 1.8 will hopefully be out no later than Monday morning." on twitter yesterday.

so soon!