Calling all Verizon employees!

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
This question is for you!

I have two lines on my account that are eligible for an upgrade. Since I really can't sign a two-year contract to get, say, the Thunderbolt, would it be possible to agree to a one-year contract for both lines, then get two-year contract pricing on ONE phone upgrade? Sort of like combining the two upgrades if you will.

I know about that new every two going down the drain, and how I only get ONE MORE $100 rebate on a new device, I'm perfectly content with that.

And I doubt email or retail reps would even think about doing this, so assume this is over the phone with a rep (in my experience they have the most "power" as far as offering discounts, changing features, etc.).

Thanks in advance!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not a rep, but I'd bet against you on this one. I know it doesnt help, but even if someone here was a Rep, you may not get the same answer if you just call them.....

Unless I'm mistaken, the 1-year contract price is $70, which is awfully close to the $100 difference. I'm not seeing your logic here regarding savings. Yeah, it's $30, but it's just $30....

Nmayar

Reaction score
I would also bet against you. They wont let you do things like that because the contract is where they make money.

Sent from my Liberated DroidX

Reaction score
Not going to happen at a direct store. Sorry. No way to do it in the system.

Best suggestion, find an indirect agent. Use both upgrades, but have them give you the cheapest phone they can find for the 2nd one and see if they will do it for you. I might approve that, depending on the exact situation.

Also, what is preventing a 2yr contract for the Tbolt?

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

BlueSami

Reaction score
This question is for you!

I have two lines on my account that are eligible for an upgrade. Since I really can't sign a two-year contract to get, say, the Thunderbolt, would it be possible to agree to a one-year contract for both lines, then get two-year contract pricing on ONE phone upgrade? Sort of like combining the two upgrades if you will.

I know about that new every two going down the drain, and how I only get ONE MORE $100 rebate on a new device, I'm perfectly content with that.

And I doubt email or retail reps would even think about doing this, so assume this is over the phone with a rep (in my experience they have the most "power" as far as offering discounts, changing features, etc.).

Thanks in advance!

Man if only someone sticky'd a thread where you could ask a VZW rep any question you like!! Wouldn't that be great???dancedroid

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/17909-vzw-rep-general-account-questions-only.html

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I know you can apply the upgrade from one line to another.
I have three lines/phones.
One was eligible for upgrade at a huge discount, while my line was not.
I applied the discount from the one line to mine...voila - free droid.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Oh look a whole thread! Too bad this site bans advertising otherwise I might have seen that earlier (yeah it's a joke).

Anyway thanks for the replies, I may repost to that thread, but I think there's enough No's to rule out this option.

BlueSami

Reaction score
Oh look a whole thread! Too bad this site bans advertising otherwise I might have seen that earlier (yeah it's a joke).

Anyway thanks for the replies, I may repost to that thread, but I think there's enough No's to rule out this option.

What does no advertising have to do with you not using the search feature? I am confused.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I didn't know there was a "questions for Verizon reps thread" and figured there wouldn't be, I mean a continuous thread with hundreds of different questions..... Depends who you ask I guess.

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums App

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
....and its kinda a joke

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums App