1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Call/Receive: Other Line is Silent

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by xUprisingKnightx, Nov 16, 2010.

1. xUprisingKnightx

xUprisingKnightx New Member

I don't know how to quite explain this, so I'll do my best. I have a Droid X, and I love the phone. My favorite phone. BUT, I had to replace my first one due to an unresponsive touch screen. The second phone was the phone I was suppose to have, but recently, I've been having problems. See, on random occasions, the other line will be silent, either when placing a call or receiving one. No ringer, no voice message, nothing. Just silent, weird thing is, I tested it out on a friend, HE CAN STILL HEAR me on his end, but I can't hear him on my end, even when the call is running (this lasted until I ended the call). When I have this problem, I restart the phone and everything is fine. In a regular area, I'm fine with that, despite the fact its a pain in the butt, but the concern I have, is that what if it's an emergency? Or what if someone important is trying to reach me through a restricted number? I can't answer or place that call without having to restart the phone. Knowing this is a problem, I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this??? I haven't returned it quite yet, because it's only happened twice in the past 4-5 months. But if it happens again, then I will definitely take it back in.

Also, on a less than important note, also on rare, but more frequent, occasions, both my ringtones and mp3s (or other music/video formats) will not work. It says those files are not formatted for the phone. Once again, a simple restart fixes it. Its odd, but other than these two problems, its been working fine.
  2. woolmanj

woolmanj New Member

No voice on calls on either end of call

I have a similar problem. I can call, but hear no sound on my end and there is no sound on the other end. When I do get a call, I can't hear anything, nor can the person on the other end hear anything.

Any way to get the sound back on so I can make phone calls? Looking at my recent calls and then calling back on another phone is not a great workaround. It happened to me yesterday morning while I was on a trip out of town.
  3. weismanm

weismanm New Member

same issuue on D2G

I posted on the droid x forum, but I'm so frustrated, that I figure that the more places I reply, the more likely that I'll get a solution.

I have the same thing happen...a call comes in and I can't hear them, they can't hear me. The quick fix is to turn the speaker on and off, and then everything is fine...for that call. Then I reboot, and all works normally again...until the next time.

Just adding my 2 cents worth.
Search tags for this page
bionic razr cant receive call from specific person, what hap
cant hear other person on line
ended voice call but still hear
how to listen to a call on the other line
how to receive my other line text and phone calls
i can't hear anything on my droid x
line issue android call cannot answer
my droid 2 wont let me hear while on call
my voice cant be heard on other end of line droid bionic
people cant hear calls from droid pro
when calling cant hear the other person on the line

when i call the phonr rings than the line goes silent.

when i receive or make phone calls on my droid razr the pers
why i cannot hear anything the other person on my s4
why wont my andriod let me hear the person on the other line