Call Announce - Handcent

dabbner

Reaction score
So I installed an application called handcent, and instantly, my phone starts announcing incoming callers. A buddy of mine has the same app, and his is not doing it. I removed the app, and it's still doing it! I can't find the setting to turn it off! Help?

Handcent sms HomePage --sms plus software for android is the site for the app. I'm going to try posting there as well...

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
That is a different program. I have seen it, but I can't find it right now. Someone else may be able to tell you exactly where it is.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I've used this for months and never seen this...I also noticed that you posted in the developers forum...He does respond....

OP
D

dabbner

Reaction score
figured it out...

somehow I wound up with a trial of a voice notification app on my phone. I forgot the name of it already, but I was able to uninstall it and get rid of the annoyances... THANK GOD... Not sure what it installed with, because I don't think I would have installed it intentionally...

oh, well... it's gone now... Thanks for the feedback...

ecarr49

Reaction score
Caller ID announced is "Voice Caller ID"

One of the apps that performs this function is "Voice Caller ID", it can be enabled or disabled from the settings menu in the application. :motdroidvert: